Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 16, 2007, 7:37 AM   #1

I don't what is going on but i'm having several problems with these forums. When i press 'send' after i compose a message, it just stalls and keeps 'loading'. Eventually the message will go through , however without confirmation. I have made countless double and triple duplicate postings accidently because of this problem. I have tried using different browsers so it's definitely not that. I also can't access any private messages that i recieve. Either i'm just a very unlucky person or these forums are very buggy and poory programmed. Anyone else experiencing any difficulties with any aspect of these forums?
jmp1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2007, 7:38 AM   #2

test
Old Jun 16, 2007, 7:39 AM   #3

Strangely enough my messages are going through instantaeounsly now. Must have been a minor glitch. no problems anymore.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 7:40 AM   #4
Administrator

We're aware of it. We got new server hardware in during the week to try and split up the load more and get to the bottom of what's causing the issues.

But, getting them configured and online has not been accomplished yet (we had hoped to do that earlier in the week but it had to be postponed).

We'll try to solve it as soon as possible.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2007, 11:19 AM   #5
Administrator

test post

Old Jun 16, 2007, 11:24 AM   #6
Administrator

test post

Old Jun 16, 2007, 12:15 PM   #7

Many people are still saying they are having difficulties uploading, i have tried 22 times to up load a pic in 'sun's rays' today and still no joy, I get a time-out and find its not loaded, thanks..
bill43210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2007, 1:06 PM   #8
Administrator

We know Bill. We're working on it.

Try it now and see if it goes through OK. I'm assuming that the image was within the file size limitations.

We've got new hardware in to try and solve it. But, it hasn't been installed yet.

Old Jun 16, 2007, 2:06 PM   #9

Good luck and thanks, I'll give it another go

cheers
bill43210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2007, 2:14 PM   #10
Administrator

Bill.. looking at your earlier posts today, some of the images look like they made it just fine.

The ones that are not showing up are probably just too large (pixel dimensions).

Some browsers run into problems displaying larger images within the WowBB software using attachments. So, you may need to downsize them a bit first. I try not to go more than around 720 pixels wide (although Steve recommends 640 pixels on the long side for best results). See this thread for details:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...amp;forum_id=2

If you're seeing your browser "hang" when posting, that's an issue we're aware of (and you can see the post was made if you open another browser tab or window).

But, the images you are attaching that aren't too large seem to be working right this minute from a quick glance at your earlier posts today.