Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 25, 2007, 9:34 PM   #1

So im really considering buying the Nikon Coolpix P5000, i've been at home researching all day about who has the cheapest prices/best deal.

I just ran across a website call digitalnerds.com it has the camera $120 cheaper than base price[$399.99] which brings it to $279.99and $80 cheaper than the cheapest price I found before I ran across the site which was $350.99.

Has anyone had experice with purchasing items from this site?

Is it a real deal or is it fraud?

Also if someone has, is the warrenty worth it?

thanks

-Jason
kitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 25, 2007, 9:40 PM   #2

eh sorry for triple posting,either my internet,computer, or this server was laggin.
kitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2007, 3:50 AM   #3

The only reason stores like that are in business are because some people shop strictly by price...like this person...

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/TheDigitalNerds

...and maybe you?

Too new (probably had a different name, but had too many bad reports) to tell, but check back frequently and see the list of disgruntled customers grow.

Buy from a reputable dealer - you'll save money (and frustration) in the long run. there are no magic deals out there...no one store can possibly sell you a camera for $80 less than anyone else. If you want to throw your money away, send it to me - I promise to put it to good use - and I promise I won't try to sell you a worthless battery or warranty, either..

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2007, 4:54 AM   #4

Don't even think about buying anything from this store. Before you order online always check resellerratings.

http://www.resellerratings.com/topstores.pl

You will notice that the store you mentioned is at the top of their list of worst rated stores. Read and pay close attention to the customer reviews.

Also check the compare and buy link on Steve's home page. Always pick a trusted store, and I would say one that is rated with at least four stars.

I bought my last camera from B&H Photo and they are great.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2007, 9:00 PM   #5
Administrator

How to buy a digital camera without being robbed

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2007, 9:40 AM   #6

They use the same scam all the time. 1) Post a low price 2) Require you to "comfirm" the order with a phone call 3) State the the OEM battery is only good for 20 pics and pressure you into buying a extra battery a tripple the the cost. 4) When you refuse they will cancel the order.

STAY AWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ump1257 is offline   Reply With Quote