Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jun 29, 2007, 10:09 PM   #1

Some people say my images are crooked. and I don't see that but some do? So how do I fix that?
Derek034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 30, 2007, 2:49 AM   #2

My guess is that you need to pay more attention to keeping the camera level when you take a shot. Unless you are shooting fast action, you should slow down and give thought to composing your picture, including keeping things level.

To fix it after the fack, you need to edit. In most cases, the software that came with the camera will enable you to do what you need. There are also some very nice free editors, such as Picasa and Irfanview.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2007, 11:54 PM   #3

Does your camera have a mode that gives you composition grid lines in the view finder? If so, that's a good reference to help keep your shots straight.

Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2007, 12:52 AM   #4

granthagen wrote:
Quote:
Does your camera have a mode that gives you composition grid lines in the view finder? If so, that's a good reference to help keep your shots straight.

Grant
Grant what do you mean sir?
Old Jul 2, 2007, 1:07 AM   #5

For instance, one of my cameras has a scene mode called "Architecture" which is accessed through the menu. When this mode is selected, the camera displays horizontal and vertical grid lines on the monitor to help you frame a straighter shot.
Some cameras display a "rule of thirds" grid to help with composition using that method. Anything like that can give you a straight line to match horizontals and verticals in the scene to make a straighter shot.
Cameras with electronic viewfinders that have such grid features should display this in the viewfinder as well as the monitor. Check your users manual for such features in your camera.

If you have no such grid modes and you still want a guide, you can buy clear, protective plastic overlays for your LCD screen. They not only help protect the LCD from minor environmental damage, but you can draw framing lines on them, too! Hoodman sells such a product called "Hoodskins" and likely other manufacturers have similar products.

Grant
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 10:06 AM   #6

Derek034 wrote:
Quote:
Some people say my images are crooked. and I don't see that but some do? So how do I fix that?
Can you post one or two examples ofproblem photos? The issue may be that you're not the holding camera level (lerft/right) or it could be that you're tilting the camera up to take in all the subject in which case you're seeing the effects of perspective.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2007, 12:41 PM   #7

Been fixed with the program called Pisca's I think I got the name right.