Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 10, 2003, 1:40 AM   #1

Default FUJIX/NIKON DS-515A DIGITAL SLR CAMERA

Hello....to everyone ; does anyone reading this OWN a FUJIX/NIKON DS-515A camera?

I " know this is not the proper place " ? in the forum to ask for info on a " FUJIX/NIKON DS-515A Dig. SLR.." ..but where do I list my new topic questions?

Do I go under FUJI ( for the FUJIX) Actual manufacturer...and/or NIKON (as "their " name is on the camera too.)

I am hoping that at least 1 person ( maybe many more) will answer this question for me....I have my DS-515A on it's way to me..and I would like to know where can I find the specs sheet on the battery charger /AC Adapter for this camera.??

I have searched the net over & over..and even found a " PDF " of this camera ( WOW only 4 pgs. in length.) NICE but not very helpful.

The camera will not be accompanied with any manual . It has 2 ( uncharged) batteries...and without any means to charge I can't try this camera out.

If ANYONE knows if this camera " charges its batteries " with an AC Adapter plugged-in to the camera itself ; or need a SEPERATE charger ...I would appreciate the help..Thanks... Ed~
One_Eye_Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 10, 2003, 11:35 PM   #2

I'd suggest posting this question in both the Nikon and Fuji forums.
ardvark50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2003, 11:41 PM   #3

Default Fujix/Nikon DS-515A Dig. SLR

Thanks ....Done ; reposting... Ed~
Old Aug 11, 2003, 5:19 AM   #4
NHL

There's a spec sheet over here:

http://home.fujifilm.com/info/produc...505a/spec.html

... It looks like it runs on rechargeable NiCad, and the flash card is a PCMCIA type similar the Kodak DCS of the same vintage.
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2003, 12:48 PM   #5

Default Charger to charge FUJIX BP-D5 NiCd..Is there a # substitute?

Hi Thanks NHL .. Appreciate the reply..Thanks for the link..I have printed out the specs sheet ; but I need a charger DESPERATELY.

I will be receiving the camera with 2 " uncharged " batteries...and NO AC Power adapter..I would like to know what other alternative charger ( that these batteries could be charged with)..

I can't see from ANY pics of the ( PLUG type that's needed to run the camera off DC....)...I wonder do you think then " another " company brand is close.?

I have pinned down the NIKON E2Ns (and ) E2N were IDENTICAL cameras...released by NIKON..the Fujix / Nikon DS-515A was a FUJI release...but I can't even find a charger for that camera..(I would think that'd be a good substitute..)??

Thanks for your time and input.. Ed~
Old Aug 11, 2003, 1:19 PM   #6
NHL

You might want to try the Nikon's EH-1/EH-2 NiCad charger (EN-1 battery = 7.2V @ 1200mAh):

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...om98/e3/e2.htm
Old Aug 11, 2003, 1:42 PM   #7

Default Can't find that charger anywhere..looking.I can't match batt

Hi Again NHL !

I was thinking that would be it ; but I can't get any " decent " pictures to compare the batteries I'll be receiving...probably in 2-3 days I'll have the camera body ; with 2 uncharged batts. Lens on it's way..PCMCIA memory card on it's way..SO I will have a project ; almost together to test the camera BUT NOT any POWER SOURCE..

Pretty much without that the camera sits ...and I have been wanting one like this for long time. It didn't have charger nor AC Adapter..I could feasibly ( if knowing the volts/amp ) off camera stickers...or likewise ; " fabricate one...BUT I am sort of now ; reading about a special PLUG?? Not the typical " barrel " type of most cameras....

If I could find a schematic pinout or ANY review of this so I could see the DC input designs..but I can't find any references to this nor the NIKON E2N(s) models here at Steve's reviews...

Thanks for trying to help..I have searched and search .....not getting anything...Thanks NHL Bye again for now... Ed~
Old Aug 11, 2003, 2:19 PM   #8
Administrator

You can probably bet on those batteries being dead - as in unrechargeable. They are NiCd type and have probably not been charged in a good while - this usually leaves them dead for good or only able to take a partial charge. I'd check with one of the larger battery outfits (Batteries-R-Us etc) and see about getting new cells put in those casings. They might even be able to outfit you with NiMH cells instead which would be a big plus.

For the charger, check out:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_...maha_c777.html

This is a super-smart multi-voltage, multi-chemistry charger that can handle just about any size or shape pack made.

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2003, 3:41 PM   #9

Default Hello Steve ...What an HONOR to hear directly from you.;-)

These batteries may be ok ; I haven't received the camera as of yet..( 2-3 more days) I should have it...I wanted to " get prepared to charge the batteries " as I have NO WAY to test the camera otherwise..Not any AC Adapter with it neither.

However ; IF I have a pinout to the voltages / and amps required ..( which I have seemingly got now thanks)..I NEED to KNOW what type of plug is needed to " FIT " to the camera. From what little bit I can read about this ; it is NOT the standard " barrel " type plug for power DC in..

I think it is like a 2 - prong deal..ANYONE have any pinout ( drawing to this or could even supply a picture of that end.)??I would be happy to hear from you.

Also....I am looking into that Charger also that you sent the url link for THANKS for all your help.....and hope to be able to discuss a lot my digital camera subjects in the future...Bye Ed~
Old Aug 11, 2003, 4:10 PM   #10
NHL

How technically adept are you?

If you know your + from -, and know how to handle a multimeter there's nothing that a trip to the local RadioShack can't resolve...
Let me know, BTW several folks here's have converted their Metz's from NiCad to NiMh.