Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 14, 2007, 8:48 AM   #1

In January, I posted some very interesting photos of an ice circle in the Yuba river here. I created a link on my website to the shots on Steve's Forums and checked it the other day only to find that my pictures have mysteriously disappeared. I searched through my stuff and it's nowhere to be found.... apparently deleted, but I cannot figure out why. If I violated any rules, I'm at a loss as to what they could be. Anyone with any ideas or suggestions? I would appreciate it. Here are the pictures, if you want to check them out:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...1921Medium.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...1919Medium.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...1917Medium.jpg

logrhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 18, 2007, 7:06 PM   #2

With all the problems the forums have been having over the past few months plus a move to another server, unfortunately a number of postings were lost. During the most recent outage, I was able to get on once for about 3 minute and noticed my most recent posting was gone, however it is back now so maybe (fingers crossed) some of the other missing posts will reappear. Ya never know...it COULD happen??

Cal
Moderator--Biweekly Shootout Forum

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2007, 5:59 PM   #3

wow bb1.7

agree with ya? some posts will get lost, or fall off the screen? in the Hybrid I have a post from 1966 of dec 31?

I am sure the internet wasnot around back then?

Now I recommend if you got a topic you do not want to see go or of importance it is best to

right click, new text and c/p and save as? this will be on your pc, and back it up, if ever a deletion due to thesite , repost without the worry? but yes you'll lose the review counts?

I should do that to mine as I dear my reviews?

Hybrid Mod.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2007, 8:15 PM   #4

That's a great idea but I don't think you can backup whole threads that way. As a mod in the Biweekly Shootout forum, I have seen many complete threads lost probably because the anchoring post was lost. If an entire thread can be copied, what about an entire forum? I haven't got room for that. There are over 250 index pages in that forum??

Cal

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2007, 10:31 PM   #5

Thousands of post have been lost due to the server switch. I doubt they will ever be recovered. Mostly due to a change in carriers and lack of knowledge passing hands for MySQL........
Old Jul 20, 2007, 5:56 PM   #6

calr. I believe yo almost read me right?

What I was implying:

If a member has a topic, he or she knos of importance to them, they should c/p to a text..............

not the whole site LOL. I would love to c/p the thread all XX pages and just one topic of my review is around 16kb not a large size at all to keep on a disk?

yes the site goes under construction, and titles get lost if for good/bad. space is the key issue? just remember back when we did not have ADSL? 728k? or T1 cariers?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote