Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 27, 2007, 11:25 PM   #11

Thanks, you guys are all a big help. I do think since it's only a month away I will wait to see some real reviews on the new pani 18x. Camera labs always has a good hands on video report on the cameras that is very useful. Beyond that it's reading everyones views once the purchasing starts. I will hold off on a converter until then but at the longer ranges I do use a tripod, it's a necessity with my 765 since it doesn't have IS. I would really like to go dslr but to buy a camera and appropriate zoom lense in the range I would like is a little pricey for me. Like everyone else I'm drawn to the get it all super zooms that are under 500 dollars. Like anything else you get what you pay for. Thanks for all your help and explanations.
esharri
esharri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2007, 11:32 PM   #12

By the way VT, interesting observation on the dslr image being much larger to begin with resulting in a better print. This was what I was hoping to achieve by buying a much larger ( 18x ) optical zoom camera. My original picture would not have to be cropped or enlarged as much making the print quality better.
esharri is offline   Reply With Quote