Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 27, 2007, 4:44 PM   #1

Hi everyone,

I came across this site while looking for some kind of device that can record a signal from my Bullet camera (videon-in), and also uses a flash drive instead of a hard drive.

I race motorcycles and would like to get some good footage of an actual race. I have a Bullet cammera munted to my motorcycel that has a RCA cable coming out of it for the signal. I am looking for something that will be able to record that signal. It can't be a hardrive based meory as all the vibrations would kill it, and becasue of the vibratiosn/ changing background etc, I'd like a decent resolution and frame rate.

I was looking at the DGX DSC 521 Digital media Center, available at Circut City for $139.99. But I am wondering if there is something that will work better for me at a lower price. All I need is the Line- in recording, not all the other stuff. I read the review by videoguy on this forum and it seemed the only good thing about this device was the video -in recording.

I am a lillte worried about what I've read about the batery life, and that it only takes a 2gig SD card.

I was also looking at the Aiptek MPVR that is at Circut City for $70.00, but I am wondering if the video line- in recording will be as good, or if it is worth it to pay the extracash for the DGX?

Sorry about the long post, if you guys ahve any experience with either of these decices, or can recommend something that will suit my needs better let me know.

I do apreciate all the advice I can get.

The problemis I need it by Monday as I'm leaving for my next race/ track day on tuesday.

Thanks,
Vince
djeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 28, 2007, 4:43 AM   #2

Anyone? I need to get something tomorrow....
Old Jul 28, 2007, 7:59 AM   #3

dupluicated post
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2007, 11:00 AM   #4

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
dupluicated post
Ya, sorry, i wasn't sure which section ot post in...
Old Jul 28, 2007, 6:51 PM   #5

quite alright

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"answered in the hybrid
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote