Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 10, 2007, 9:54 AM   #1

I have an older Konica SLR and several good lenses. I need to know if these lenses will fit the Konica Minolta DiMage A 2 8 camera.
dunchanSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 10, 2007, 3:32 PM   #2
Administrator

No. The DiMAGE series of cameras (now discontinued) did not have removable lenses.

As you may or may not be aware, Konica and Minolta merged to form Konica Minolta a while back. They did release a couple of DSLR models with removable lenses (the Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D and Maxxum 7D, a.k.a., Dynax or Alpha 5D and 7D in some parts of the world).

But, the lens mount for these cameras was designed for Minolta Autofocus lenses, not Konica lenses.

Then, Konica Minolta decided to exit the camera business, with Sony buying much of that piece of the business from them. Sony has since launched their own DSLR line using the Minolta Autofocus Lens mount (a.k.a., Dynax, Maxxum, Minolta A mount). The Alpha 100 (Sony DSLR-A100) is the first model to use this lens mount, and they'll have more to follow it as time passes, allowing the use of Minolta Autofocus lenses.

But, no DSLR model supports your Konica lenses, and I seriously doubt that you'll ever see a Digital model that does. There may be some kind of adapter that lets you use them on another lens mount. But, I'm not personally aware of any (which doesn't mean there isn't one).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2007, 11:21 PM   #3
Administrator

I just ran across this information and remembered this thread.

It appears that you may be able to convert the lenses for use on Olympus DSLR models. See this page for details:

http://blog.lewander.com/

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote