Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 19, 2003, 8:56 PM   #1

Default PS Elements2 Photomerging

I am trying to merge 7 photos that are .tif files. None of the pictures will merge correctly. If I use .jpeg files there is no problem. My question, is: Can .tif files be merged into a panorama? If so, what am I doing wrong. I have tried the resolutions from 72 - 300 and always get the same results. When taking the pic. I over lap approx. 40% ,
Thanks for any help. Are there anyother good (free) photomerging programs avaiable that will do this using .tif?
Bob H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2003, 9:53 PM   #2

TIFFs are large files and you might not have enough memory for this task, or it could be because Elements is a stripped down Photoshop. You're not saying what's going wrong, does the computer crash, does Elements give a warning...what's happening?
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2003, 11:16 PM   #3

Its a full version of PSE2, nothing crashes, no notes, or warning. everything works as it should. The edges "almost" line up, they overlap, and its impossible to get them to line up. I have spent countless hours working with them. They do not line up horiz. or vertical. The pictures themselves are excellent. I use a Minolta D7i. The color is very good. I want to print them out on a Epson 7600 is the reason going to high res. I'm stumped.
Old Aug 20, 2003, 9:28 AM   #4

Try saving the two files as JPGs, ensuring they are the same size (use change image sizes) and try again.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2003, 6:13 PM   #5

I downloaded Panorama Factory to try, and it seems to be working ok with no problems.