Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 28, 2007, 4:04 PM   #41

fuji 3800 p&s
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2007, 4:05 PM   #42

km 7d dslr w/80-200mm f2.8 apo

Last edited by bernabeu; Jun 27, 2015 at 4:25 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 4:06 PM   #43

photographers take pictures, not cameras
Old Oct 31, 2007, 6:57 PM   #44

Was out looking at cameras the other day and found a DSLR that has full live view. The only DSLR cameras I had seen before with live view would only let you view your shot but couldn't take the shot. That was until the salesman at Samy's camera showed me the Canon 40D. The 40D allows you to see a live view of your shot in the LCD monitor and then capture it by pressing the shutter release. Guess DSLR have now found a way to give us the best of both worlds.

Of course that does leave me with one minor problem, I have not been a Canon fan for years, use to be back in the early 80's but had lots of problem with them after they came out with the EOS Elan line. But maybe they are better now, did like that live view.:?
Calicajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2007, 7:13 PM   #45

Way out of my price range but the new Nikon D3 has live preview and a full frame censor. I'm sure that will become popular with pro's that do Architecture, building interiors or complicated studio work like food photography.
tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2007, 10:07 PM   #46

tjsnaps wrote:
Quote:
Way out of my price range but the new Nikon D3 has live preview and a full frame censor. I'm sure that will become popular with pro's that do Architecture, building interiors or complicated studio work like food photography.
Nikon D3 sounds nice but is out of the price range I care to spend also. If the D3 will shoot while in live view mode that will be a big plus for some photographers and a good selling point for Nikon.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 11:23 PM   #47

bernabeu wrote:
Quote:
You got that right..........many of my best images were taken with an Oly-C2100 or a Minolta 7i. I've used Canon & KM DSLR's since, but using the capabilities of those early cameras would run circles around 50% of todays digital DSLRs!
Old Nov 1, 2007, 12:44 AM   #48

bernabeu wrote:
Quote:
True statement, some of my best pictures were taken with a Argus C-3 camera system picked up at a yard sale for $5.00. As well as my M/S C330 medium format twin lens camera both which only had a manual focus, ISO and shutter speed dial which seemed find at the time. But I'm spoild now and like the new stuff that can help me along.:|
Old Nov 1, 2007, 3:12 AM   #49
Super Moderator

Photographers take pictures?

Certainly cameras are just tools for photographers to use.

But a photographer without a camera struggles mightily to take pictures.

peripatetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2007, 6:03 AM   #50
NHL

One feature I really like and found it essential with EVF's cameras are the "What You See Is What You Get" in their manual mode - i.e. be able to adjust the shutter and aperture until the viewed image looked just right on the EVF complemented by a real-time histogram BTW...

The new D3/D300 both have theses features now and one can also superimpose an artificial horizon in the liveview mode so definetly the dSLRs are catching up. I found theses features to be a boon for night shots when the images got stored to flash just the way I saw them through my D7 and A2's EVFs in just one pass.
-> With current dSLRs test shots are a must with the entailing slow process of reviewing the histograms after the shots which are futher complicated by the darkness of night... @ pushing the various buttons!!!

NYC : :-):-):-)
(no tripod... just jamming it in the railings the best I could)

NHL is offline   Reply With Quote