Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 17, 2007, 4:41 PM   #21

Yeah, I don't have much of a choice. I have had 20/200 vision in my right eye since I was in elementary school, needless to say, I shoot (cameras & rifles) with my left eye.

Nick
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2007, 9:20 PM   #22

The generally accepted view is that a left hand folks will be have a dominate left eye and right handers will be right eyed. Anything else is called cross-dominance with dire predictions in pop-physiology sources of physical/mental capabilities of anyone so oriented. Oh well, I guess there's ample evidence here that's not so.

I'm left-handed but right eyed and so I shoot (cameras and firearms) right-handed but about the only things I really can't do right handed is write and throw a ball. Most tools I use whatever mode make the most sense.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 7:21 AM   #23

ac.smith wrote:
Quote:
The generally accepted view is that a left hand folks will be have a dominate left eye and right handers will be right eyed. Anything else is called cross-dominance with dire predictions in pop-physiology sources of physical/mental capabilities of anyone so oriented. Oh well, I guess there's ample evidence here that's not so.

I'm left-handed but right eyed and so I shoot (cameras and firearms) right-handed but about the only things I really can't do right handed is write and throw a ball. Most tools I use whatever mode make the most sense.
From what I've read, cross dominance is accepted as a rare, but good thing, and better for athletes, such as baseball players, golfers, etc. (although this has generally been disproven).
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote