Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 11, 2007, 10:06 AM   #11
Administrator

futbol mom wrote:
Quote:
I am interested in purchasing the Canon SD 700 IS.
The Canon SD700 IS is a discontinued camera model released last year, and very few vendors are going to have it.

I'd look at the newer Canon Powershot SD850 IS, SD870 IS, or SD950 IS

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 2:46 PM   #12

I know, I would love those camera, they are just a bit out of my price range. Good idea though!
futbol mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 4:01 PM   #13

mom,

Considering the price you quoted (from that place) was ridiculously low, the prices for the models Jim suggested aren't really that high.

But, if you are locked in to the $200 range, take a look at the Fuji F40fd. It's about the same size as the SD 700, but has a lot more desirable features, such as a larger sensor, higher resolution LCD, higher ISO capability, and a more powerful flash. The Fuji doesn't have IS, but the higher ISO and larger sensor may make up for that, depending on your needs. Amazon is selling it for less than $200, with no tax and free shipping.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 5:48 PM   #14

Thanks Hun, I'll check it out. The Fuji S602 was my first camera and served me well. I bought the 30D, and now trying to sell the 602. Thanks for the input.

FB Mom
Old Oct 23, 2007, 3:45 PM   #15

amazingthailand wrote:
Quote:
B&H Photo = VERY reputable
Thank you.
--
Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video, Inc.
henryp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2007, 5:23 PM   #16

I ended up purchasing from B&H Photo for only $212. Best price around. Nowmygirlfriend and I are each purchasingthe Canon Pixima Pro9000, $319 with rebate...can't beat your prices. Thank you!!
Old Nov 19, 2007, 9:34 PM   #17

Yes! Run away from Broadway Photo as fast as you can! I had the worst expierience with buying a Sanyo E1 through them. I odered the camaera with them on Thursday 11/15/07 and paid for express shipping. The rep told me I would have it at my door on tuesday.

Well I noticed today monday 11/19/07 that my credit card still wasn't billed and no shipping confirmation/tracking was recieved through email. So I call them and after being on hold for 20 minutes they answer then transfer you & you get put on hold agian and again.

Well finaly tonight I get a rep on the phone and he tells me its on back order when just last thursday he told me it was in stock.

They even disconnect you because they don't want to tell you it's on back order.

So I cancelled my order and I warn you all: DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM THEY WILL WASTE YOUR TIME.
HoldNon is offline   Reply With Quote