Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 27, 2003, 2:18 AM   #1

Default Fuji S602Z, Fuji S5000, Canon G5 Looking Seriously at All

I have been looking at the Fuji 602Z for a long time, slowly watching the price come down. Just at that stage, then along comes the Fuji S5000. Which way to jump? Then a friend (professional photographer) advises me to jump sideways straight to a Canon G5. Anybody seen or used the Fuji S5000 or got any strong views on the G5 over both Fuji Cameras
rjp765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2003, 5:41 AM   #2

Depends on what you like to catch with the camera. If you are in doubt over G5 and S602 maybe you should wait till Fuji S7000 is out?
(I don't even take the S5000 serious). With the Canon camera you will have a tough time capturing action moments, while most Fuji cameras are quite responsive to user input.
Mathilde uP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2003, 8:52 AM   #3

Default Re: Fuji S602Z, Fuji S5000, Canon G5 Looking Seriously at Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjp765
I have been looking at the Fuji 602Z for a long time, slowly watching the price come down. Just at that stage, then along comes the Fuji S5000. Which way to jump? Then a friend (professional photographer) advises me to jump sideways straight to a Canon G5. Anybody seen or used the Fuji S5000 or got any strong views on the G5 over both Fuji Cameras
the same happened to me... but i've been thinking about replacing the e602 by FinePix 3800.

could some one tell me if it would be a good idea? and the reasons for that?

thanks in advance,
marz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2003, 9:36 AM   #4

Hm for what I read the Fuji 3800 misses a lot of the S602 charm, high iso for screen sized photos, macro and so on. It all boils down to the crucial question, which photos are really important to you.
Old Aug 27, 2003, 11:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathilde uP
Hm for what I read the Fuji 3800 misses a lot of the S602 charm, high iso for screen sized photos, macro and so on. It all boils down to the crucial question, which photos are really important to you.
Since I am not a pro, I just would to guarantee good pictures with high resolution of places and my family... really amateur.
marz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2003, 4:38 PM   #6

Especially when you are an amateur and want to capture family moments, you are on the right track with Fuji, fast camera response good colors. Konica also seems to do well.

Probably you will like a camera with preset dial, most cameras seem to have this feature. You can set the camera all auto and only bother with power on and of switch. However the shutter delay will be a thing you have to deal with with each photo, thus less is best and easier.