Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 20, 2007, 8:34 PM   #41

UPDATE2 - (Seller ID Witheld) - Fujifilm Finepix F30.

Today I received the parcel. There is no manufacturer's seal on the box inside. Can any F30 owner tell me if there should be such a seal? I bought a Fujifilem S6000FD and there was a seal on that one. Grateful for any info?

I found everything inside, but I could not find amanual or even a piece of paper to tell me what should in the the box. I have immediately contacted the seller using the communication box provided by PayPal's Resolution Center, and asked for it. I know I can probably download a copy from somewhere, but the point is of course about whether the box had been opened and whether the camera is totally new and not returned, used, demo'ed etc. It was advertised on Ebay again as "New, Never Opened", which is the only way I would buy a camera from Ebay.

I know, I know. I should buy from a shop and talk to a real person... Those who know this camera should know that it is an obsolete model and so I have to buy it wherever I can find it. I checked the contents in the box and everything appeared new, except the camera which I am not sure. It does not have the stickers on the camera body, like what I have seen in pictures of the camera posted by other sellers and in some reviews.

Some questions:How can I tell if it is really new? How can a box be unopened and missing an instruction manual? The S6000FD, a current model, came with a big printed manual.Was Fuji's QA so unreliable to not have a manual and also not put a seal, or have something inside to tell owners what they should be receiving?

I am trying to get things resolved and I have seen some genuine attempt from this seller to resolve issues, which is why I am not mentioning names. I am however starting to wonder now and I hope there is a reply from the seller soon. I will try the camera soon and post again.

Thanks for your interest. Again, another lesson in Ebay buying risks for you.
Grandmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 6:48 AM   #42

The F30 seller responded promptly and explained that the user manual was in Japanese and not included. The seller also offered to download and send me a copy in my language. I thought that was nice and said I would download it myself. I have closed the Dispute. The seller was IMO genuinely trying to resolve any issue. No problem now. The camera is working fine. Wish all problems can be resolved like this one. I will leave a positive comment for this seller.

Both both cases closed.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 6:29 PM   #43

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/dig...es/fxf30_e.pdf

the manual for the camera

most makers have them online at their website

the main thing when buying a camera is to take some pics to test it out to make sure it works fine, oh by the way my olympus e300 had no seal on the box and it was bought brand new from a shop, it came with strap, lens caps and cd roms for manual and instalation and also a think papar manaul, and a battery.

it didnt come with a memory card at all !

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 7:27 PM   #44

Paypal resolution tech opening one of grandmelody's emails...

Couldn't resist...

the Hun

Attached Images

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2007, 10:34 PM   #45

I like it, Rinnie!

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2007, 3:45 AM   #46

Thanks, Gary, for the F30 download link. I have bought many cameras before but never bought any camera online until now. Both cameras are not available from a local shop.I should have waited to buy the HD700 till it is available, but for the F30, there is no choice but to take some risk. Not many new or "New, Never Opened" ones left for sale now, as you know.

There may still be an issue with this F30, pending my tests. I think I will go to the Fuji forum for some info.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 2:17 AM   #47

What is the reason for this seal? Just to annoy me?
Attached Images

Old Nov 24, 2007, 5:28 AM   #48

Grandmelody wrote:
Quote:
What is the reason for this seal? Just to annoy me?
If that were the case, it has obviously done its job. Actually, the seal is there more to protect the software from piracy than the camera. Most cameras that ship without software, ship without a seal. Again , as long as the camera works and show no cosmetic issues or signs of use, I wouldn't lose anymore sleep.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2007, 5:16 PM   #49

Maybe not rjseeney. You noticed that the seal was put in by Fuji's QC and it therefore seems to has more to do with ensuring customers receives a quality product, don't you think? I am not losing sleep now. Just trying to make others aware, and buy from shops when possible, or do better research of Ebay sellers and pitfalls.