Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 29, 2003, 10:37 PM   #11
Administrator

I like to think that this forum is a lot more friendly than many of the others where all members seem to be stuck in the "my camera is better than your camera" mode. If they went out and took pictures as often as they complained about what their cameras don't do -- they would have lots of good photos. The best way to learn how-to take pictures is to just take them! And with digital you don't have to pay-n-print the bad ones :lol:

As for avatars - Don't be afraid to let others know what you look like - hey you can always go scan an old GQ magazine model :twisted:

-Steve
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 12:43 AM   #12

Quote:
As for avatars - Don't be afraid to let others know what you look like - hey you can always go scan an old GQ magazine model
Mental note to self: Must hit up the local grocery store magazine section for the latest issue if GQ.

I think once I get a picture with me in it I actually like I will make an avatar for this forum. I don't think anyone would really appreciate the ones I use for some of the other forums I visit and post in. :lol:
Quote:
Before photography, I was a total computer geek (constantly tweaking my computer)
Sounds like me......now is this a bad thing....cause im still doing it? :? Anyone know where I can get an Abit KV7 for cheap that ships to Canada? :P
tkmckay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 1:32 AM   #13

I like to see how people looks like ( or maybe looks like). Lots of us posts very much, at I think it's only good "behavior" to show your face, while our "keyboards shake hands". No harm done and you get a feeling of who you are writing to/with. I like that.
Some upload a cartoon figure as an avatar - well, that's no use for me!
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 1:40 AM   #14

tkmckay, jazzcan,

I 'm still stuck in the geek mode. But enjoying digital imaging.
Incidentally, tk, how much would you consider reasonable for the Abit Kv7. I've seen it advertised for $90.00 US.

In tune with everyone else I think I better dig up a picture to use as an avatar.
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 11:17 AM   #15

Hey Selvin,
I'm still in the geek mode myself. The only difference is now I've switched my attention to my camera and photography as opposed to my computer. :lol:

Nice to see you posted an avatar

Like Klaus said, I like knowing who I'm talking to especially when I respect their opinions
jazcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 1:24 PM   #16

Default Avtaar

I fancy myself as a good photographer... Fact is I am only an ameteur. I fell proud of some of the pics that I have taken.

Quote:
The most enjoyable thing for me is a very good photo of mine.
When at a party or on tours with friends, I always try to make sure that a good number of pictures contain me. Though I often feel I could have caught a better pose or expression if I took the shot, I realize the fact that I can be on only one side of the camera and that self photos are not the best photos... I have seen atleast one avatar with a really good self photo and when I have done a good one on myself I wil change my opinion :P

For example, this photo in my avatar taken by by buddy is in my opinion very good, though my face is barely visible, my mood is.

-Bhaskar
Visit http://www20.brinkster.com/subramany...nweg/page1.htm
bhaskarannadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2003, 2:43 PM   #17

I like avatars because then I "know" the answer to the question...

(also posed by Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid)

"Who ARE those guys?"

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2003, 7:37 PM   #18

I'll gladly join the ranks by using my avatar, now I wish I could switch my username to the proper spelling of: korvus

-=-
koruvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2003, 10:15 PM   #19

I'm a rather private person by nature (odd, since I use my real name in my login)... but this thread has convinced me to put up my likeness in my avatar.

I even have an interesting idea for one, just gotta find a way to pull the picture off....

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote