Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 29, 2003, 10:33 PM   #1

Default interior shot help

i was ask to shoot a restaurant indoors....my equipment is d1x, 17-35, 28-70, 105, 80-400, sb-80dx, tripod...thats it...i'm very worried that lighting is not sufficient in the restaurant and also with my equipment...i want a natural lighting look...what to do? help please
mrdinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 29, 2003, 11:38 PM   #2

more data: the room has white celings..aprox. 10feet high..some windows..maybe 20 tables of 4 person/table...forest says sunny
Old Aug 29, 2003, 11:52 PM   #3
djb

don't forget to figure in the type of lighting. is it flourescent, tungsten, etc..

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2003, 12:12 AM   #4

please help...what can i do with the only equipment i have?...not sure the type of lighting...can you clarify your advice?
thanks
Old Aug 30, 2003, 12:30 AM   #5
djb

are you shooting a party with people or just the interior of the rooms in the restaurant. if it's basically the 4 walls of the restaurant and you have time just take a few pics and preview them. if they look good fine. if not, change white balance and exposures til you get the picture that you want. if it's a party with lots of people, ask the restaurant if you can come in and take some trial pictures with the lighting you'll be using at the same time of day. get the best quality you want and use those settings for the real job. i would recommend using the 17-35mm and/or the 28-70mm lenses.if it's photographing people use a flash too. if it's just the restaurant then use a tripod and longer exposure times.
i'm no pro and hope this helps. hopefully the people with experience and the same equipment will get on here soon to help ya.

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote