Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 7, 2007, 11:08 PM   #11

Harana, the way I'm looking at the situation is that theysayLCD will last longer than the CRT, if that is right and the amount of time Ispend in front of a monitor a year I will invest in an IPA which is much more expensive here in Australia (A$850/US$745) compared to just over US$500 in the U.S. the monitor is the NEC 20WMGX2, wish thebest of luck whatever you decide.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,12...s/article.html
Wirraway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2007, 7:41 AM   #12

Both NEC and Viewsonic make very good LCD monitors, and while Dell doesn't make their own, whoever does makes good ones too.

The NEC model that Wirraway points out is a fine example of NEC's products.

JimC's recommendation of shopping at Dell's Outlet Store is also worthy of your consideration. They offer very good products (not just monitors!) at very affordable prices. I buy most of my own computers there, and occasionally help clients buy their computers there.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2007, 11:38 AM   #13

TCav wrote:
Quote:
Both NEC and Viewsonic make very good LCD monitors, and while Dell doesn't make their own, whoever does makes good ones too.

The NEC model that Wirraway points out is a fine example of NEC's products.

JimC's recommendation of shopping at Dell's Outlet Store is also worthy of your consideration. They offer very good products (not just monitors!) at very affordable prices. I buy most of my own computers there, and occasionally help clients buy their computers there.
I like the prices of the Dell's outlet. Does Dell give some kind of warranty on their refurbished monitors? How is the quality of their refurbished stuff? I don't want to get stuck with something which goes out quickly or is problamatic.

harana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2007, 11:57 AM   #14
Administrator

I'm typing on a Dell Keyboard, connected to a refurbished Dell Dimension 8300 right now. I bought it for under $500 a few years back. :-)

They have a 90 day warranty on used monitors right now.

I'm probably going to order my wife a Refurbished Dell Laptop for her Birthday and Christmas present, too (they're both coming up this month). lol I've been browsing through the listings for a day or two now.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2007, 9:49 PM   #15

The warranty on products at Dell's Outlet Store is not the warrant on new products, but there is a warranty.

The quallity of their reburbished stuff is as good as their new stuff.

Let me explain that Dell's Outlet Store isn't just refurbished stuff. They carry rental return, cancelled order and dent & ding products as well. Not all productslisted in Dell' Outlet Store are refurbished.

I, personally, have saved over $1,000 on the cost of a new server, but I was prepared to make the modifications to it, so I would not recommend to a client. I have helped clients buymulitple network workstations at about $450 per unit that would have cost over $750 each had we custom ordered them.

The Dell Outlet is a great place to purchase what you want, if they've got it already. If you can't find what you're looking for, don't compromise just because you can get a good price on something that is close to what you want. Get what you want. If the Dell Outlet Store has it, all the better.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote