Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 8, 2007, 7:13 AM   #1

Hello, I have my camera nearly for 3 years and now the problemappeared with my shutter button.

I must push it very very hard to make a photo and thats exhausting. How can I repair this problem by myself, because there is no warranty left.
kugelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 9, 2007, 10:38 AM   #2

I assume that the exhausting part comes from trying to hold the camera steady while pushing hard, not from just pushing.

First, try pushing the shutter button *MANY* times while the camera is turnec off (no reason to use up your batteries). Sometimes that will free up a sticky thingie.

If that doesn't improve things, try going into your local Radio Shack and ask them what they have that might solve the problem - likely some kind of solvent in a "spray" can.

Either of those could take your camera from difficult to use to completely broken. I don't think it is likely, but it could happen.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2007, 5:14 PM   #3

Yes, the "holding steady" part is the second bad thing. The first is that my finger hurts from hard pushing.

Anyway, I tried to push i for lots of times, butdidn't solve the problem, so I'm going to my radio repair shop next day
kugelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2007, 7:54 PM   #4

You might want to try the self timer...you might have to wait 10 seconds, but at least you won't be getting 'accordian finger'.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote