Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Dec 9, 2007, 8:25 PM   #1

Doing my research currently.... I am not seeing any point and shoot digital camera that does better than 848x480 at 30fps. Is that accurate? I see some that can do 640x480 at 60fps for short bursts, but i am looking for the highest res/highest framerate and at least 10 minutes of shooting....

Since we went from 320x240 being the standard in like 2005 to 640x480 now, does anyone think the new cams of 2008 will do 1024x768 or the widescreen equivalent of that? i don't want to miss the next wave by a few months.

Thanks!
Brian
bxd20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 9, 2007, 10:37 PM   #2

The Kodak Z812 andZ1275 shoot 1280×720 @ 30 fps.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2007, 6:10 PM   #3

Many HD devices now use a compression system called AVCHD to fit a lot of video on flash media. If you don't intend to edit your HD video and only view via the camera or connected to your TV, this is not an issue. But if you intend to edit using PC editing software, you need a powerful PC plus the latest versions of the popular video editing software. Having gone HD with a new camcorder for my son's wedding, I knew that a new quad core PC was required even to produce SD video on a DVD. When availability and prices drop, I will buy an HD burner and player. But do I go HD or Bluray?
1eyedeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2007, 6:19 PM   #4

1eyedeer wrote:
Quote:
When availability and prices drop, I will buy an HD burner and player. But do I go HD or Bluray?
It's not yet in devices but a dual format drives have been announce by both LG and Samsung.
ac.smith is offline   Reply With Quote