Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 24, 2002, 12:07 PM   #1

Default How to attach photo?

Want to post (attach) one photo in the post. How?
Tomislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 24, 2002, 4:28 PM   #2

Default post reply

I think you can only post an attachment in an non-photo forum. You can post it here, but not in closeups or people. I think steve blocks you from attaching, for everyone will use it as a place to store their photos. It cost most small websites 19.99 a month + 35. dollars for the disk space( 250mb +50mb the package come with.) If every one attach all the photos they post the bill would be will over $600.00. That is for small site, steves must cost at least $100 to $150 an day+what they would cost for the extra disk space. Steve would have to pay that.
So he blocks. If you need to direct link then pay the provider you sign up with. Shutterfly.com (free) say you can but I could not it to work. Pbase is asking you to make a 23 dollar donation a year to direct link. Fototime is 23.95 a year to get the account, but direct link is added.
For those prices most of us can afford to get a account other places. Check with your internet provider they may offer you disk space with their service.
If you have a paid account
Reminder to add the jpg or other file name to your link. Most will only work if you do so. If you need to only post a few time then go to pbase.com and create a account. It is free for now.

You may have to get past the newibe status. No Attachment tellyou hit a curtion status. I can here, that is just a guess????

i make websites, they are not cheap.

Now about attachments, make sure you get the smallest size possible. Then attach it and try to remove it after it is not being used. It cost steve for us to use is disk space.

I have nothing to do with this site. I just injoy it ,an want ot make it easy as possible to keep it running.
TheDarkfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2002, 9:00 PM   #3

You can actually post a photo in any location, key being that the place you link from allows you to do such. Pbase for example will not if you use their FREE service, and Yahoo has some rules also, etc. Here is a link to Steve's how to...How to post....

And a picture for proof...

So find yourself a good photosite, or your own webspace that allows links to be used and post away. Try to keep the size down(some of us still are under 56k), and allways preview your post to see how big the photo actually is. Sometimes when you preview and are using a link or reference it may show on your screen but may be a dead link for the rest of us. But most people will help you work through it, just metion its your first post or test post and we will let you know if it worked.

See your photos soon....
Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2002, 5:21 AM   #4

Default Thanks

Thanks, I will try, but unfortunately in this moment I am in Africa and don't have a lot of oportunities to chose good photo site. Pity, animal photos are nice.
Old Jul 25, 2002, 11:34 PM   #5

Africa, cool I can't wait and I'm sure my kids will get a kick of the animal photos. Even if you have to Hyperlink them (like the How to Post in my above post) the 5th option from the left, I will go and look.
Old Jul 27, 2002, 2:26 PM   #6

Thanks for support, I have tried everything, but it seems that my UN server has some limitation, so I can't send pictures even as attachment on E-mail mesage. So, probably next year from Europe... Tom
Old Jul 27, 2002, 7:53 PM   #7

UN=United Nations? If so probably some security block? You might look into Pbase(used alot here) or some other photo sharing site(Yahoo, Shutterfly etc.) and see if you are able to upload to one of those sites, and then link to the picture. If it still doesn't work you can just flood us with pictures next year. If you wish to you can email me direct at any time if you have any other questions.

Also the newbie status has nothing to do with the ability to post. It's just some sort of system that Steve set up.

[Edited on 7-28-2002 by Brooks]
Old Jul 27, 2002, 10:45 PM   #8

I just added my engraved image ... for free, form my Yahoo! photoalbum.

1. add an image to the album
2. go to the image
3. put cursor over image, rt click, go to Prpoerties
4. copy URL.
5. go to Steves edit profile and copy there.
Steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2002, 12:06 PM   #9

Steves,

Good to see you got the avatar problem sorted out, neat photo. Can you post fotos from Yahoo Photoalbum also? Just curious for those out there looking for a place to link from. I personaly use Fototime, and do not have experience with Yahoo.
Old Jul 28, 2002, 1:25 PM   #10

Yes ... that is where this image lives on Yahoo photoalbum.
Steves is offline   Reply With Quote