Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 11, 2003, 11:45 PM   #1

Default Photo Keychain Viewers

A school asked me to privide them with this Photo Keychain Viewers, usually they put like a negative there and when looked at, you see the photo of the kid. my problem is, digital cameras dont have a negative, i tried transparency paper to no luck,it looks with little spots. there any other way to do it? any tips? i was thinkin of printing them on cheap coated paper and then go to a color copy place to get them copied on transparency to get rid of the spots....

im lost here, thanks all
milleniumdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 12, 2003, 4:52 PM   #2

Its probably easier to use slide film and a film camera than a digital camera. You are talking about slide (positive) film, not negative, inside the visor.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2003, 5:24 PM   #3

My wife quilts and uses cloth that you can use in an inkjet printer. She has found a cloth that is waterproof. You could make your own visors. You can also use tshirt transfer paper and iron it own a cloth visor. Be sure to use mirroring when printing.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2003, 8:36 AM   #4

gibsonpd3620 what i was trying to say is veiwers, i called them wrong visors ,

luisr, have you done them before?
were can i get them cheap?
Old Sep 15, 2003, 9:03 AM   #5

Sorry, I have not. But do a search on Google for "keychain viewer" and you will find some useful links.
Old Sep 17, 2003, 2:45 PM   #6

ok, what camera should i get that is good enouhg to shoot those small pics, can some one explain the positive film basics please?
Old Sep 17, 2003, 2:58 PM   #7

One of the links that comes up in the search I suggested has translucent viewers meant for printed digital pictures. You could try that.

The positive film is shot with a regular film camera, only that you do not use regular negative film. It is a special film (Kodak Ektachrome comes to mind - if it is still available) that when developed you see a positive image on film. Slides are the frames cut from this film and put into the cardboard or plastic frame. The development of this film is a different process and I don't think that photo-labs around can do this process. You would probably need to send the film to specialized labs.

Other users here may provide more/better information.

I might be wrong, but the size of these viewers is smaller than a standard 35 mm frame.
Old Sep 17, 2003, 3:06 PM   #8

luis that was a fast reply lol

i called Carlitos photo in Cabo Rojo(the only pro lab i know in Puerto Rico) and he told me that too, none here does them, so i think im going to try using a color laser on a transparency to see the results if that dint work im done with the idea

what kind of photography you do?
Old Sep 17, 2003, 3:16 PM   #9

I only do some amateur photography for myself. My equipment is just a point-and-shoot 35 mm camera and more recently a 3 MP digital camera. Now that I can experiment more with the digital camera I have been more interested in this.

But I have been exposed to this world for most of my life due to some family members being photo-enthusiasts as well. My father used to have a 8-mm film camera and my brothers have been using SLRs for a long time.
Old Sep 17, 2003, 3:25 PM   #10

thats nice, i was always interested in ptohography but never wanted to expend on good equip, now i got a FijiFinepix 3800, and im taking some really nice photos, i even got involved in some "quinceañeros", small weddings and now ill be taking some schools graduation photos, hopefully by chritmas i have $$$ to get a real pro camera........