Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 5, 2008, 10:59 PM   #1

I am shooting a family wedding in Mid March. I need to provide the bride with a contact sheet book of all the photos from the wedding/weekend. That would be easy except thatI have to inculde below each photo the title of the photo as it appears on the DVDs were the master files go. Cost is not a primary issue as the bride will cover the cost of this above paying me for 2 days of photography ($300). Hey that might sound cheap but the bride is a family member/relative so this is a favor to her.....

1.) Anyone know any software free cheap or a way I can do it with photoshop elements 5.0 which I own. I know with PSE 5.0 I can make contact sheets but how to get it to title everyone without me having to create indivual text boxes for each of what could be 1000s of photos is what stumps me.

2.) What is a good site to upload the finished file to for printing the pages out or will UPS Store or a place like Office Depot or Staples be able to print it out for me. how do you wedding photographers handle this when you do weddings.

IMPORTANT: My printer is not a professional grade and i'd perfer not to do the large batch of printing on it.

The end result is goning to have me takre the printed pages hole punch them and put them into a 2" binder with cover page or multiple binders if their are too many photos for one binder.

Ay suggestions or help would be appreciated

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 6, 2008, 12:17 AM   #2

I have done contact sheets with Irfanview, and it will include the file name, but I don't recall if it can do batch renaming, as I didn't use that function. You can find it at http://www.irfanview.com/ There is also a free renaming software called Pfrank, but i don't have the url. I have heard it is very flexible and fairly user friendly. For it and a number of other utilities, look at Majorgeeks.com.

As to printing, I can't help very much, but I have seen the photo kiosks which will print contact sheets with a set of prints. Don't know if you can get them in full page sizes or not, but I would guess so.

If you are thinking you will be taking 1000s of photos, my advice would be to rethink that part. Having too many shots is going to make it difficult for the bride to choose, as well as making your part next to impossible. Some of our experienced wedding photogs can probably give you more complete advice, but your plan sounds more like a career than a job.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 10:23 AM   #3

I wouldn't need batch rename in another program once it is done in Photoshop Elements.

Thanks for the advice.

As for 1000s of pictures I may be stuck as the entire family hasn't been together in i don't how many years and every grandkid, great grand kid, aunt, uncle and cousion is gonna be there and the bride (one of my cosuins)wants everyones picture and then some. The good thing is that the bride doesn't excpect me to do any printing, she will get a set of DVDs from me and do it on her own. But still wants the book done as so called photo album of the event.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote