Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 10, 2008, 12:40 AM   #1

On the 5th of this month, I ordered the 2-DVD set of the Nikon D300 Training Disks, from EliteVideo.com. I paid a little extra for Priority Mail, but have received nothing yet. Now, maybe I don't understand what the expected time requirements should be, for Priorty Mail, but I had assumed it would be no more than a few days (right now, it is bordering on 'regular delivery' mail). But what really concerns me is the fact of their being no tracking information listed in the respective field that they have designated for it.

Has anyone dealt with these people before? If so, what was your experience (positive or negative)?.

Blessings,
Nathan
NLAlston is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 10, 2008, 8:24 AM   #2

Priority mail does not have a tracking number unless you pay a little extra for it, which obviously they didn't. Depending on location, priority takes 2-3 business days. I doubt they shipped your order on the day the order was placed, so the item likely didn't ship until 24-48 hours later. That being said, you're looking at a 3-5 business day turnaround, which means I would expect something in the next couple of days. I've never ordered from this company so I can't speak to their track record. I wouldn't expect miracles though..they don't have alot of feedback, and I've never heard anyone really rave about any training videos. I would probably look more at the guides that are out there, like magic lantern, or Thom Hogans e books. Unfortunately, the D300 is still new, and many of these are not yet available.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2008, 10:31 AM   #3

RJ ~ Thanks.

I don't rightly remember where, but I had run across a few posts where the authors spoke a great deal of praise about this double-DVD training set for the D300. I know that I had purchased the Magic lantern DVD guide for my Pentax K10D, which wasn't bad. The main issue that I had with it was that the guy talked through it at warp 12 speed. Yes, you could stop & rewind - to play catch up - but I didn't care for having to do that as frequently as I've had to. I did find, though, that the DVD (beyond that) was helpful.

Maybe the package will be here somewhere around the beginning of the week. Once I have had it in my possession, long enough to have gotten into it pretty good, I will post back my opinions of it (for anyone else who might be interested in a DVD tutorial on the D300).

Blessings,
Nathan
Old Feb 10, 2008, 10:52 AM   #4

EliteVideo is in Arizona and you're in New York.

Priority Mail is basically First Class Mail with a fancy name, a fancy box, and a fancy price. As the USPS and everyone here says, it will probably take 3-5 business days for you to get it, once EliteVideo ships it.

On more than one ocassion, I have actually paid for overnight delivery for a product that I did not receive until a week later. It actually took longer for the products I ordered to travel from a warehouse shelf to the loading dock than from Texas or California to Maryland.

I don't bother with fancy shipping instructions anymore.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2008, 11:18 AM   #5

The only reason to use Priority Mail over Parcel Post is the availability of extras such as tracking numbers and delivery confirmation. IIRC, a tracking number is standard with Priority mail. If the number was not given. the package may not have shipped yet. Maybe they are still making the video:shock:.

I always tend to question the authenticity of posters who make glowing comments about anything. There are many, many shills working the internet. Check the poster's history first, and then take comments with a large grain of salt.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2008, 1:24 PM   #6

All very good information, and I appreciate the mention of concerns that I should
have considered, beforehand. Typically, I involve myself in a great deal of researching before I buy anything - whether it be locally, or through an online outlet - and I don't (as a rule) stand heavily on much that is heard, or read. I went against the grain, with this matter, because of the 'visuals' - as opposed to reading through a tutorial of 'written' design.

If ever I go this route (ordering through the internet) again, I will certainly not waste my money on Priority Mail delivery. I'll just check myself (anxiety wise :-)) and wait patiently on its arrival.

Blessings,
Nathan
Old Feb 12, 2008, 12:45 PM   #7

Hi all.

I have just received my EliteVideo D300 double-disk set tutorials, and now feel quite relieved :-). I haven't had the time to view nearly as much of it as I would have liked, but - from what I have seen, thus far - this set is going to be well worth its purchase price ($62.10 total). I had no more than 4-5 minutes to give to it, but learned a good bit even in that very short period of time. If the balance of the set follows suit with what I've already seen, there is no question that I will be 'on the mark' with my camera - much, much sooner than previously anticipated. I just can't wait until I have the time to get into it at length.

Blessings,
Nathan