hell ya, i love this site 51 96.23%
no, i hate this site 0 0%
ya i like it but i go to other websites that copy steve 2 3.77%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 26, 2003, 3:52 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohankonimitsu
what the heck is the point of this poll
My thought exactly. It's a little rude too. If one doesn't like the site--go elsewhere. Don't jerk the chain of the nice guy who gives everyone a place for free.
monsieurms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2003, 9:40 PM   #12

hi, i already anwsered your that qustion, if you want to be rude you can go elsewhere
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2003, 8:47 AM   #13

It wasn't a very good answer, and I'm not the one being rude.

Since you obviously believe in free speech, you'll have to grant my ability to criticise YOU. I might note the irony. You post a poll inviting criticism of the host. But you're pretty touchy when any comes YOUR way. I guess it's a one-way street.

But since you apparently wonder why your answer was insufficient, I'll be a little more expansive. How bad was your poll? It offered nothing constructive. It was merely an inane popularity contest. Depending on how it turned out, it could have merely been cheap advertising for another site while using this one, more than tacky, as is posting notes that have the potential to humiliate the host on his own site. It didn't ask for helpful new suggestions on features or how to make this site better. It was simply a chain yanking, or potentially so. You should delete all content from your post.
monsieurms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2003, 12:55 PM   #14

this is not the right place to start a fight, i never said no one could criticise me, go head say what ever you want
i did what you asked, this is a digi- cam site not a site where people get in pissing matches, this was just a simple post
and i have nothing at all aginst steve nor am i trying to do anything
to get people to go to other sites
so just chill
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2003, 7:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradg
example: on 8\31\03 steave's was hacked!!
This hacking attack was most likely not directed to Steve's Digicams. Heck, the hacker probably never even visited before. The hack was most likely directed at a vulnerability of the bulletin board software being used here. The hacker probably just makes fun from telling phpBB authors that they hacked so many board in so many days.

As a webmaster myself, who runs a bulletin board much like this one, I know this is a constant risk one has to take and also must keep the software up to date whenever a security hole is found. Each vulnerability is an open invitation to hackers.
luisr is offline   Reply With Quote