Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Feb 28, 2008, 1:01 PM   #1

For those of us ownng & using both digital & film cameras, would it be possible to have a forum(s) created so that we might be able to post images captured with our film cameras here at Steve's??..

Although I have no intentions of selling off my Pentax K10D digital SLR, I find myself, as of late, leaning back to Black & White photography with my Pentax MX..

I also fully intend on purchasing a Pentax 67II medium format SLR, and several lenses, as soon as funds permit..

A film scanner, & perhaps an automatic film processor will not be far behind the 67II camera..

I very much enjoy the camaraderie of the Pentax / Samsung dSLR forum here at Steve's..

I can, of course, go over to Pentax Forums or photo.net to do this..In all likelihood I will post scanned film images on PN..I would also like to do so here at Steve's, the first photography forum site that I joined; & one of the best, IMO..

Thanks, Bruce
baltochef920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 28, 2008, 1:29 PM   #2
Administrator

Thanks for your comments. We think it best to post the images within the specific camera manufacturer topic. I understand these are scanned images of film but lets keep everything brand specific.

Thanks
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2008, 3:12 PM   #3

steve wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for your comments. We think it best to post the images within the specific camera manufacturer topic. I understand these are scanned images of film but lets keep everything brand specific.

Thanks
Steve

So it's o-kay to post scanned film images from either my current Pentax MX 35mm camera (or the Pentax 67II 120/220 medium format camera that I will be purchasing in the very near future), in the Pentax / Samsung dSLR forum??..

This won't raise the ire of those who in the forum only shoot digital??..

Just want to be sure before I start posting scanned film images, ask for critique, & anger anyone..

Bruce
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:03 AM   #4

Steve

Sorry about the above post..

I just noticed JimC's PM to me..After reading it I understand that all photo's, regardless of whether taken with a digital or film camera, should be posted in one of the Post Your Photos forums..

My new interest is in Street Photography..Where would you suggest I post such images??.. People forum??..Other Photos forum??..

Thank you,

Bruce
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:15 AM   #5
Administrator

As Steve has already mentioned, we do have camera specific forums you can post in. I just wanted to point out that you could post your images in the most appropriate Post Your Photos Forum, too (since they are the primary forums already setup for posting images now), and People sounds like an appropriate place for the types of photos you're describing. But, I doubt the members would mind some brand specific scanned photos in the Camera forums either.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2008, 10:25 AM   #6
Administrator

Thanks for clarifying JimC about where to post the photos. Baltochef920, when you post your scanned images please make note that they are scanned film images.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29, 2008, 11:42 AM   #7

Thank you Steve & JimC

I'll do as you both suggest..I'll be sure to mention that the images are from scanned film..

Bruce