Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 9, 2008, 4:09 PM   #1

not sure if this is the correct area for this but anyway, do not do business with the online companys called techon digital, Starlight Camera, Accessories Land, INS Digital World, Camera Wiz, Digital Expo,Digital Nerds, Wawa Digital. These are all the same company under different names according to the BBB. Links to these usually show up when using everyprice.com. just google techon digital and read the complaints, what happened to them just happened to me.
mdashoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2008, 8:36 PM   #3

just in case somebody does not know about these scams! I easily took care of the problem I had and have went to amazon to order my FZ18K. The thing I dont understand is, how they are still in business?
Old Mar 9, 2008, 9:09 PM   #4

Because people keep on buying from them. Because they have cheap prices. Because people think they can get a good deal there. If you were to click on the links I posted earlier, you will see over a hundred 'very dissatisfied' reports on this (these) store(s). And you have to figure that only a fraction of those who had a bad experience actually bother to report it.

Eventually (when the heat is on) these 'stores' go out of business, and then open up under another name...same deals...same scams...sometimes in the same seedy building (often in Brooklyn). And there are a lot of them around. Many of them reside on ebay, and don't get rated by sites like ressellerratings. All of them are the same.

If you gave them your credit card number, I hope you were smart enough to cancel it. They might just wait until right before they go out of business (again) to sell off all of the stock they never had (with their fine collection of credit card numbers).

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2008, 3:24 PM   #5

credit card has been canceled, I also canceled the order with them which was a pain and the guy just said "fine, its canceled" and hung up.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 5:20 PM   #6

Good move on the credit card.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2008, 2:48 PM   #7

well, after all this I went to amazon.com and ordered my FZ18K for about the same price as they were going to charge for aUSA version, which they dont say untill you call to confirm the order, anyway, got the cam and love it.