Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 11, 2008, 6:18 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Hi Guys,

I'm just trying to edit the exif on some shots but need to do it in a batch. Basically I'm sorting photos of one event taken using 2 cameras and I hadn't checked that the time was set the same on both, now I'm trying to order them for presentation chronologically and would like to make this easier by doing a batch change to the time. This needs to be done by say taking the current time and adding 20 mins. Does anyone know of a way of doing this?

Thanks,

Mark
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 11, 2008, 6:25 PM   #2
Administrator

ExifToolGUI (which has a GUI front end for Paul Harvey's ExifTool) has a date/time shift function.

See this page for more info, download links and screen captures.

http://freeweb.siol.net/hrastni3/fot...xiftoolgui.htm

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2008, 6:33 PM   #3
Administrator

In addition to ExifTool or ExifToolGui (which allow batch processing for date/time shift if you select multiple images), you can also use Exifer

You can open the folder containing your images click on Edit>Select all, then click on EXIF/IPTC>Edit>Exif data>Date>Date/Time offset, enter the required offset, do not select 'Incremental', select 'Apply to Date modified and Date digitized'.

Note that Exiftool and ExiftoolGUI are updated more often (the tools mentioned in my first post), and I have had some issues using the older Exifer software with some images (Exifer hasn't been updated since 2002). But, both will probably do what you need without too much effort.

Old Mar 11, 2008, 6:39 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Jim as ever you are a star!!!! I was just about to order 120 photos by hand from a wedding which would have been OK, but at the recent Gym event a friend shot with my 30D which I hadn't checked and I think she took about 1500 over the 2 days so this would have hurt. I knew there would be something out there and glad you knew of what I needed.

Thanks!
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2008, 6:49 PM   #5
Administrator

No problem. You can also use ExifTool from command line for date/time shift if you have any problems with the ExifToolGUI front end. Here's how:

http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/#shift