Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 19, 2003, 11:42 AM   #1

Default CF CARD

8) DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY MY CF CARD WILL SOMETIMES RECORD 10 MINUTES AND AT OTHER TIMES UP TO 20 MINUTES, COULD IT BE THE BRIGHTNESS OF THE SUBJECT????

JIM................
jim tylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 19, 2003, 11:54 AM   #2

First, turn off the caps lock...on the net typing all caps is the same as YELLING!

As for your question, we can only guess that it's because you are shooting in different resolutions, or different quality settings...some cameras have a low quality which can use less memory.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2003, 11:55 AM   #3
kex

brightness can reduce or increase the filesize, so yes, this might be the reason for that.
But maybe you can tell us some details, like which camera you got.

By the way: WRITING IN CAPITALS LIKE THIS IS REGARDED AS SHOUTING ON THE INTERNET AND NOBODY LIKES THAT!
kex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2003, 12:16 PM   #4

Default Re: CF CARD

I would suspect that you are shooting in some sort of compressed format which compresses to a different degree depending on the subject matter.

<TED>

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim tylee
8) DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY MY CF CARD WILL SOMETIMES RECORD 10 MINUTES AND AT OTHER TIMES UP TO 20 MINUTES, COULD IT BE THE BRIGHTNESS OF THE SUBJECT????

JIM................
tedj101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2003, 1:33 AM   #5

Default No camera should write to a card that long...

No matter how cheap it is (unless it's really cheap, & then it might. What kinda cheap camera you talkin about)? Sounds like either your camera or card are screwed up. I've taken 12mp shots that wrote onto my IBM 1gig microdrive in less than 5 seconds.
Old Sep 21, 2003, 5:47 AM   #6

Hm Jim, are you talking about video capture? Again you should download in each instance the file to computer and compare actual filesizes. If they are somewhat equall the scene you shot made the difference.

As for jpeg, this type of file can be very compact if image contains little or no drastic color changes, example a macro of a flower. The more drastic color alternations next to each other the bigger the file.
Mathilde uP is offline   Reply With Quote