Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 8, 2008, 11:11 AM   #1

Hi. I want to get some photos printed into canvas. I have searched google and am amazed at the number of companies offering this. I don't know who to go for, so I would be interested if anyone here has had good experiences with getting a photo put onto canvas in the UK.

Thanks
Pekkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 8, 2008, 11:26 AM   #2

there are loads doing them as you point out

they normaly involve large sizes which means your image will have to be high mega pixels.

prices vary by incredible amounts, for instance a local company is charging £45 for an A4 canvas print........which is ridiculous.

im looking into doing my own as i have a large format printer, but what id advise if your looking around is to make sure that they have little wedges in the corners so u can tighten the canvas over time if it sags.

i used to get mine done cheap because i ordered in bulk, this price can be 1/2 the amount of a single print

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2008, 11:45 AM   #3

Reanimator wrote:
Quote:
there are loads doing them as you point out

they normaly involve large sizes which means your image will have to be high mega pixels.

prices vary by incredible amounts, for instance a local company is charging £45 for an A4 canvas print........which is ridiculous.

im looking into doing my own as i have a large format printer, but what id advise if your looking around is to make sure that they have little wedges in the corners so u can tighten the canvas over time if it sags.

i used to get mine done cheap because i ordered in bulk, this price can be 1/2 the amount of a single print

Gary
Thanks for the comment Garry.

I have a 1Ds MKII so it shouldn't be too bad. I'm not sure what the largest size I should risk is. I am getting nice results on A3 Glossy on an Epson R1800 but I'm looking for something about 3 foot by 2 foot. I'm only after a couple so I won't be in line for any discounts.

I might try emailing a few of the best looking sites and see if they sound like they know what they are talking about.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 5:03 AM   #4

It's typical isn't it. You ask a question on a couple of forums only to endup finding an answer close to home. My desire for a canvas somehow got the toe ttention of my cousin who had one done recently. I went round to have a look and it was good. Considering it was a small photo they used. I just got mine back yesterday and I am very happy with the result. It was www.wallfillers.com

The GF is not too pleased though. A 3x2 foot picture of the car is not her cup of tea.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 7:31 AM   #5

you didnt get the pm i sent you then??

£60 is expensive you could get it done for a third of that plus post

Gary
Old Apr 19, 2008, 7:31 AM   #6

you didnt get the pm i sent you then??

£60 is expensive you could get it done for a third of that plus post

Gary