Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 13, 2008, 4:20 AM   #1

Original Olympus Trip, kinda cool looking . I have bought one. looksvery nice.has new light seals and been serviced the seller says,the old 1980 original model .

David Baily used one and advertised them on UK TV, Can I get any advice how to use one before I pop a film in The settings seems to have some aperture and focus distance settings and auto . The results .And what sort of film best to buyiso 100 -400 ?what would you use , Are they any good these Trips , looks like new this one, also has a olympus tinyflash just pop it on ? Any owners still using one and any advice please would be greatthanks .
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 13, 2008, 9:59 AM   #2

I'd recomend using slide film while learning how to set the exposure. Reversal (negative) film will be adjusted a great deal when printed thus making it difficult to see any exposure problems.

(some day I'll learn how to spel.)
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2008, 1:42 AM   #3

Thanks . I would only use ordinary print film. I did wonder if like digital 100 ISO wouldhave a better IQ if suns out I expect its only for sunny days , or 200 or 400 would be better , but expect it makes differences in quality that is more noise / grain .Also howdo I adjust the settings:| on a trip if any one has one ,
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote