Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 18, 2008, 11:51 PM   #1

Greetings,

I'm looking for a smaller digital camera that can continually keep shooting a photo every couple few seconds. I would be mounting this camera on one of my RC Helicopters for arial photos. I am wanting this feature to be able to shoot several hundred photos or continue for 15 mins or till Memory card is full. Is there such a feature on a camera?

Thanks!

Mark
rapidway is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 19, 2008, 7:29 AM   #2

you want the same sort of gear that i use for kite aerial photography, i trigger my camera via an ifra red led thats connected to a reciver, but i do belived there are gadgets out there to fire trigger every few seconds.

what u need to do is do a yahoo search for KAP or kite aerial photography and look at the kit they are using, but one big concern for me would be vibration from the engine or rotors

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 9:25 AM   #3

Thanks for the info Gary. I'm just starting out now that winter is ending here. I mounted a FlipVideo.com with a piece of that split pipe insulation foam as shown here http://www.rapidway.com/heli/TrainingGearMount/. It really helps out withany vibrations from the heli. I also velco'd in foam a very small FlyCamOne2.com camera. It's something cool to get started with arial photography.

Mark
rapidway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 10:38 AM   #4

looks good mate.

check your personal messages, i have sent some useful info

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 1:21 PM   #5

Most of the cameras I have seen with built in intervalometers don't have that short an interval - more like 30sec to a minute. I have heard that Zigview makes what you are looking for, but don't have any experience with it.

Vibration from full-size aircraft can be a problem, but I wouldn't expect too much trouble from scale models, as the frequency is higher, and the amplitude much lower. Still, it doesn't hurt to do some isolation.

brian
VTphotog is online now   Reply With Quote