Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 24, 2003, 11:01 PM   #11
RSD

whcih bird?
the price of the a70 just droped $50 where i live and im waiting for the A80 so i can compare and see it the price drops even more. so youre saying wait another month until (gotta check a calender) make that 2 months until i gew one? or should i wait till christmas
RSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2003, 11:40 PM   #12

From where I live in, the A60 costs around $290, and the A70 at around $350. It really annoys me since in the U.S. the A60 is now priced at around $199!

And that is the reason why I think I should wait. Not only are prices here higher than Mt. Fuji, they don't seem to care to bring it down.

Oh well...
DarkThrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2003, 11:50 PM   #13
RSD

Hey DarkThrone
do u live in canada?
Old Sep 25, 2003, 12:03 AM   #14

Currently in the Philippines, and won't be leaving the country 'til Spring next year. I don't think prices in the U.K. (where I will be living the better part of this decade) are any cheaper.

But hey, nice to know that the price there dropped $50!
DarkThrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2003, 12:05 AM   #15
RSD

yeah
those $50 are going to buy me 2 extra year of extended warranty
i dunno, maybye the prices will go even lower
Old Sep 25, 2003, 6:06 AM   #16

Default I agree with everyone

But then again some of the "old" models are better for what you might want to do? ex: Olympus C-2199UZ and Canon Pro90 IS
normc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2003, 6:51 AM   #17

Hi there RSD,

The cost for the A80 is going to be $599 Canadian. I work at Blacks Photography, and have been talking with head office about the price for the new camera. It will sell out though... I have been told to expect the camera for October 15th or so.... but sometimes it takes a while for the camera to trek from the warehouse to the store.

Where in Canada are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSD
whcih bird?
the price of the a70 just droped $50 where i live and im waiting for the A80 so i can compare and see it the price drops even more. so youre saying wait another month until (gotta check a calender) make that 2 months until i gew one? or should i wait till christmas
KenKosowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2003, 8:12 AM   #18

If the price falls on something after I buy it, I just shrug it off. I figure, I already have, the camera, computer, whatever and, I've been using it and enjoying so to me, that more than makes up the difference in the cost. Waiting for the price to drop doesn't always work out. Look at all the people who waited for the price of a Betamax VCR to drop and then bought them! LOL
mkoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2003, 6:36 PM   #19
RSD

i live 15 mins away from vancouver
whch is where im going to buy my camera from
the a70 os $450 and thats a good price for me. im just going to wait for the a80 so i can compare and maybe the price of the a70 will go even lower.
i thought the a80 was going to cost aroung $550. (i was following a pattern )
Old Sep 25, 2003, 8:56 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkThrone
From where I live in, the A60 costs around $290, and the A70 at around $350. It really annoys me since in the U.S. the A60 is now priced at around $199!

And that is the reason why I think I should wait. Not only are prices here higher than Mt. Fuji, they don't seem to care to bring it down.

Oh well...

I am in So Calif and found the A60 in only one store: Target! and it was $230. I have yet to see it in another chain and I have visited a bunch, as we are wall-to-wall retail & parking lots here. But the A70 is indeed $299 everywhere, such a deal! I think the A80 is $350 when it comes out, not sure, might be higher. So the A70 may drop $20, is it worth the wait? Anyway, I thought you told me that you already selected an A70!
mrow is offline   Reply With Quote