Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 29, 2008, 8:24 PM   #1

Is their any software that I can buy that would allow me to burn a DVD so that my clients/customers can not duplicate it or download the photos to their PC and make copies.

I've been doing some large local events and people weant the photos but I don't want them to duplicate the discs and sele them to others that I may have a chance to sell to or alter my photos. So far I have not sold any discs but its coming up more and more so I want to find out if their is any such software out there.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 29, 2008, 8:35 PM   #2

Commercial DVD makers use various copy protect schemes, and they get hacked very shortly after they are released. DVD Fab releases updates of their copying software pretty frequently - whenever a new copy protect version is discovered.

The only solution may be to save low quality copies to the DVDs. It won't prevent copying, but will make printing high grade prints somewhat difficult.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2008, 8:51 PM   #3

I second what VTphotog said. Just store images on the DVD that are good enough quality to display on an HD television, and if they want print quality images, they have to come back and pay for the ones they want.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2008, 11:04 PM   #4

There are many tools to copy copy-protected DVDs. You could watermark your images.
dr_spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2008, 4:36 PM   #5

if u make a slide show with photodex it plays as a movie and u get option to not include images so that offers some protection, you can also copy protect the disk

but remember what ever can be played on a pc you can do a screen grab and print that.

like as been said though use low res images as you would on here so they cannot be blown up !!!!!!!!!

Gary
Reanimator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:40 AM   #6

I just finished doing a wedding a couple weeks ago, and sent the images on DVD to the bride and groom, but also made up some DVD slideshows for family.

I used Windows Movie Maker to initially create the slideshow with titles and music. then DVD Flick to transfer the slideshow to DVD. This works as well as anything to prevent high quality copies (though that wasn't my intention in this case), since it converts images to TV quality. You certainly aren't going to get decent prints any larger than 6" from them.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2008, 2:48 PM   #7

yeah, Digimark and free analogs(with similar-size database) - will be halpful.
with more intrusive to image details, settings.

p.s. there NO WAY, to safely protect DVD content.
only DRM capable storage, such as UST stick, which is incorporates it, or etc.
dont' look at HD or blue-ray DVD's, it's already broken.
SkyShoot is offline   Reply With Quote