Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 28, 2003, 10:38 AM   #1

Default msgsrv32 - not responding

hi! i have a canon-a70 and i connect to the pc via usb, but whenever i disconnect the camera from the pc, my computer will not respond for a while, when i do a ctrl-alt-del it shows that MSGSRV32 is NOT RESPONDING. i do an end task and my computer will run fine. but i cannot connect my camera to the pc again... if i restart the pc, then i can connect my cam again.

what could be the cause of this? i'd appreciate any help! thank you in advance. 8)
encaitar_arcalimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 28, 2003, 12:20 PM   #2

Default USB bugs

Something like this happens when I use the scanner. I cannot turn it off (wall switch) and back on again, most of the time. On occasion my system becomes pretty unstable. I always turn the computer off when not in use so it's easy to work around this. Just leave the cam connected until you are through with the session. Anxious to know if anyone has a solution but my experience with USB and Win98 is that sometimes things get buggy. Wondering if these problems exist in systems newer than mine. --- D
mrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2003, 1:07 PM   #3

Default Re: USB bugs

i also have win98... uhuh, i also so wonder if this occurs in newer operating systems. it must really be a win98 usb support problem.
encaitar_arcalimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2003, 8:21 PM   #4

Win 98 has two version. You can tell which version you are running by right clicking on my computer and choose properties from the drop down menu. The display will tell you if ryou are running windows 98 second edition or the original edition of Win 98. If you are running the origingal version you need to upgrade to the second edition.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote