Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Sep 30, 2003, 11:04 PM   #11

The Ferrrari cam? It's a 4mp, 3x zoom based on the all-weather Olympus Stylus 400, known as -20 in other parts of the world.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2003, 3:03 AM   #12

:? mmm, lets see, something between $350-$600. I need something strong. I know nothing about pixels and mega pixels but I'd like something that can be travelled with easily and is relatively shock-proof. thanks for your help
nkechi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2003, 3:11 AM   #13

I'll need to print and yes, I would like something small enoughto at least fit into a handbag. My office uses a really nice Fuji, can't remember what model and the pictures are really great even on normal print paper. Is it possible to send pictures online with all sorts of digital cams. That sound like a pretty dumb question, even to me, but I'd rather look silly than not know. Capisce?[
Old Oct 15, 2003, 7:22 AM   #14

All digital cameras can create jpeg (file type) photos, perfect for on-line viewing and or exchanging with friends. However most of us use another tool (for example Irfanview) to create smaller easier to receive jpeg files. 800x600 pixel size is about max user friendly for a webpage, 640x460 is rouglhy the max to email to someones (unless person asks for photo). Meanwhile you can keep the larger file for print to show outside internet.

Fuji is a nice choice. Overall the Fuji cameras also have good color. They made some very shutter responsive cameras. If you prefer a very responsive camera, wait a while how these cameras turn out to be.
http://www.steves-digicams.com/pr/mi...3_g400_pr.html
http://www.dcviews.com/press/Minolta-G400.htm
Mathilde uP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2003, 10:04 PM   #15

Didn't Porsche design the Fuji 6800? That's a rugged little bugger.
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2003, 2:56 AM   #16

What do I need to look out for when making a choice: screen size or strength, zoom capacity, i dunno, what exactly are the features that set good digicams apart from others, without being a hassle for a beginner :?:
Old Oct 16, 2003, 4:31 AM   #17

what d'u think about the Canon Powershot G3. Been checking reviews. Need something for weddings and parties.
Old Oct 16, 2003, 4:38 AM   #18

Just found out it usue lithium-ion battery. How do these compare to AA batteries. Has JPEG and RAW file format. Of what advantage is the RAW file format which seems to be all it has above the A80. And more importantly, which other brands should I be paying attention to within the $500 - $700 range. Thank You