Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Jul 24, 2008, 2:46 PM   #1

Just purchased a ACTION HD 1080P camera from Wal Mart, and I'm wondering if it's just me......the video looks really awesome (especially outdoors), but everything looks almost slow motion when playing it back. It reminds me of footage that you see on CNN from outer space. It's notonly when playing it back, it's also that way through the viewfinder when recording. My 15 year old Sony Handicam doesn't look that way, movements onmy old Sonycamera look lifelike...although the clarity of the videos looks way better on the Aiptek!

Is it just my camera, or is this how the camera takes video?Does anyone get'lifelike' movements with this camera, ordo your videos look like Space Shuttlefootage?

Any help would be appreciated....I'm going to return this anyway because of a short in the AV plug, just need to decide ifI want another one or a refund.

And yes, I have recorded with every setting possible, and they're all the same.

JRS7
JRS7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 24, 2008, 3:36 PM   #2

Maybe some more experimenting has me closer to an answer....

I notice that when I'm in a room where there is a lot of light, it records without the 'Slow Motion' effect, and in any room where it's not really really light, then the slow motion shows up.

I took a video of my kids running around the table, it looked great when they were next to the window, but went into the 'Slow Motion Space Shuttle' effect when they got away from the window. And back and forth as they circled the table......is this normal? It makes for a pretty lousy video going back and forth like that.....

Anyone have an opinion? Is it normal?

Old Jul 24, 2008, 6:22 PM   #3

Light is the "fuel" of any camera, video or still shooter, film or video. The more light available the better. Photographers spend lots of money to get more light to the film or sensor in the lenses they buy. They buy "faster" lenses, better flashes, etc.

Your camera doesn't deal with low light situations very well. You can deal with this issue in two ways... limit your shooting to situations that have more natural light or buy some artificial lighting capability.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2008, 7:08 PM   #4

i also need help with this camera.
i'm trying to record videos by connecting the camera to my dvd player. when i do that it gives me two choices input or output. when i click input on the screen of the camera it says no signal. when i click output the camera screen turns black. i need help on what to do
htx713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2008, 1:53 PM   #5

Solved it myself with some messing around. There is a setting called 'Night Shot'. If that is on, any video taken in low light looks like the 'Space Shuttle Slow Motion' footage. If you turn that setting off, it looks normal speed.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 9:18 AM   #6

Hey..I just purchased this camera and this video is GREAT!! But, i was taping my friends band, and after one song the other songs like disappeared...can anyone help and tell me if they go to a special place or something? Now I only have one video..a little bit of there last song...
zack101 is offline   Reply With Quote