Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Aug 19, 2008, 3:27 PM   #1

I placed 2 online orders with Broadway Photo http://www.broadwayphoto.com for Fuji S100fs ($505) and Sanyo Xacti CG65 ($200). I got an email to confirm by phone. When I called the next day the sales guy tried to sell me both "US" versions of the cameras at higher prices. He said I ordered the Chinese versions and if I wanted English on the cameras I had to pay 50% more. I asked where this was desribed on the web pages, i.e., the cameras are "Chinese", and he said it is on the About Us page then hung up. I called back to speak with Customer Servicce just to be sure and got the same treatment. Be careful when ordering at Broadway Photo. I canceled both orders and am closing my account with them.
sstumpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2008, 7:09 PM   #2

Pays to do a little research before you buy...

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Broadway_Photo

http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0006.htm

Did you cancel your credit card?

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2008, 9:31 PM   #3

Just to be on the safe side, contact your credit card company (if that is how you paid), and inform them the order has been cancelled. It sometimes takes several months or more to get refunds credited back to your account. Much better to not have the charge in the first place.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2008, 9:44 PM   #4

Thanks for credit card advice which I followed. Now I see the Internet news on these crooks. I did file a BBB report. Of course, now I need to find a like-camera that is in the budget; Amazon has s9100 for $550. Thanks to all.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 7:54 AM   #5

Go to fujifilm to get a refurbished S9100 for $353.

shopfujifilm.com/products/refurb_cams
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 1:24 PM   #6

Got it. Any ideas on an extended warranty? This board is very helpful!
Old Aug 20, 2008, 3:38 PM   #7

The S9100 is a very nice camera and is my main camera. I have shot over 20,000 images on it in 18 month. Rock solid camera. Stays in the camera bag in the trunk of my car all the time unless I am uploading pictures to the computer. I have been looking for the past 6 weeks to see what other cameras are out there to replace it and every time I look I keep going back to the S9100 is the camera for me.

I love the camera for 3 main reasons rock solid, good video mode and I can zoom in and out where shooting and it uses AAs.

Also it uses both CF and xD cards. I am currently hooked on Transcends 133x cards however never had an issues with sandisc ultra II 2GB CF card (just perfer to have a large card available as my shooting is unpredictable especially when you shgoot footage of fires, rescues, accident etc.)

However the prioce seems very high. I only paid $399 for mine last May brand new. Also I think the camera is being dicontinued as none of the four places I went to find prices on it had it listed in stock.

Good luck

dave

Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote