Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 28, 2008, 8:46 PM   #1

OK, I feel a bit screwed... I went to Wolf Camera and asked for their cheapest UV filter. The associate handed me this Quantaray mutli-coated filter. OK, so I checked out and went on my way.

Later, I browse their website and find they have there's a UV Haze filter for $4 less. I know it's probably not worth fighting over, but I'm rather upset if this is the case... Plus I beleive I was holding this haze filter and the associate told me the other was cheaper for some reason...

Has anyone else had similar experiences. I know multi-coated filters are "better" than basic glass/haze ones and should have known better than to just go with what he said...
The_Other_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 29, 2008, 6:04 AM   #2

First, if you call the number on the website, they are quick to tell you that the website and the storefronts are different companies. They may go by the same name and be owned by the same people, but they maintain a seperate relationship in most repects.

Second, the salesperson may have actually sold you the cheapest one he had in stock. The one you held may not be the exact one you saw cheaper on the website.

Third, the salesperson could have been a moron.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2008, 8:14 AM   #3

I confirmed the lens cap and filter I got were the same item/price on the site as well, so I don't think prices vary.

They very well may not have had the other in stock, but I'm pretty darn sure I was holding the basic haze filter and he told me this other was cheaper...

And if he doesn't know anything about photography, he shouldn't be working at a camera shop :P
The_Other_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2008, 1:56 PM   #4

Just because someone works in a camera shop, don't assume they are master photographers. He's likely an entry level, retail worker just trying to earn a few bucks. He likely doesn't know much about photography...if he did, he would have explained that it's not a good idea to hang a cheap uv filter on the front of your lens.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote