Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 20, 2008, 1:33 PM   #1

I'm buying my first digital camera... thing is though I'm in a wheelchair and my finger dexterity is a bit impaired.... so clicking the camera shutter button to take a shot with friends cameras and get the hold angle for the pic has always been a tad tricky.... a few years back there was the Olympus D40 I think that had like a little wireless remote trigger you could click to shoot when you're in the portrait yourself I assume, instead of guessing on a timer.... but for me, something like that could be handy cause I could hold it in my mouth/teeth and flick the button by biting down gently when I wanted to shoot to avoid moving the framing of the pic when going to click the button.

Are there any present day cameras for the average user that have those or can you buy one that'll work with certain brands?

Rob
Mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 20, 2008, 5:39 PM   #2

You might be better with a wired remote: as you noted, those wireless IR remotes are meant to work with the unit (and you) in front of the camera. Fine if you want to take a picture of yourself, but not always good otherwise.

Read reviews noting what cameras have any kind of remote function, then ask in the forum(s) for that specific camera how well they work.

There is a forum near the bottom of the list here devoted to remote control of digicams. Would be worth your time to read what is there.
BillDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2008, 7:20 PM   #3

didn't see that, i'll look, thanks
Mysterious is offline   Reply With Quote