Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 23, 2003, 6:32 AM   #1

Default problem with my lcd, please help!

guys....

i need your help! i've had my PDR-M70 for 3 years now, and for 3 years my LCD has been broken. i saw in one forum that it's most probably because of a loose ribbon connector. would anyone know how to connect this loose connector into its proper place? i really need help! thanks
erazer15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 23, 2003, 6:45 AM   #2

Can't find any info about it online...maybe if you post a link to that other forum where they mentioned it (did you ask them how to fix it)?

It could be connected in a number of ways, it could be a plug-in, or soldered...either way you have to open it up, but I'll warn you now that soldering a ribbon cable without ruining it takes a VERY good low-temp iron, and lots of practice...it's not for the average solderer (my experience with dealing with LCD cables on PDAs).
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2003, 8:00 AM   #3

here is the url: http://www.photo-forums.com/[email protected]@.ee75ee7/136

please help! thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2003, 8:46 AM   #4

As it says, you need someone who is handy who isn't afraid to take the back off the camera. Unfortunately, I can't give you a step-by-step because I don't own the camera. All I can say is when you take the camera apart you will see ribon cable(s) attaching to the LCD...follow them to the camera's motherboard and you can see where they plug in, just give the cable a little push towards the connector.

I've taken my own camera apart, and even as someone who repairs stuff like VCRs and TVs, taking apart a digital camera is not for the faint of heart!
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2003, 8:50 AM   #5

thanks very much for the reply! any one else care to help? i'm only 17, so i have little experience with repairs, thus, i'm apprehensive of opening up my digicam.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 10:04 AM   #6

You are 17 and not eagered to satisfy you curiosity for good cause to open up your camera?
Seems you have the right self knowledge and leave it to another person ( older and with less eyesight and more unstable hands ;-p
Mathilde uP is offline   Reply With Quote