Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 27, 2003, 12:32 AM   #11

I had seen the card on the web for $179 but I didn't want to wait to get it. When you're working with only 64MB of memory, waiting for the card in the mail is not worth the hassle. Maybe on some future purchases, when I don't have the same sense of urgency, the NewEgg option wil be more attractive.

BTW, for those who don't read instructions, like me, the Image Rescue software is not on a CD, as I thought. It is on the CF card itself. The retailer warned me to not format the card in the camera before I installed the software. Too many of his customers had come back to the store looking for the software CD, after they wiped the card clean!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric s
That price isn't amazing, though. You can get it from newegg.com (I'm not sure the reader comes with it) for $159.
wpla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2003, 12:40 AM   #12

Actually, the JumpShot cable can only read "USB enabled" cards. As far as I know, only Lexar media cards with the "USB enabled" logo can be read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric s
I have been told that the jumpshot reader is not compatable with non WA cards, but are WA cards compatable with other readers? I assume so, but I don't know.
wpla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2003, 10:02 AM   #13

I'm stuck on a 256mb xD Card. Add the 16 mb that comes with the Oly C-740 and I get 272mb! (Wow! :P)

Luckily I haven't had the experience yet of running out of space when on a trip. But problems of corrupting images when deleting files in the camera is quite scary and I haven't tried it on my 256 mb xDcard, which currently holds the 390+ images I took when I went north to the beach.

I still haven't come round to how different the image looks like when I compare the qualities but I would of course choose the better quality when taking important photos, you never know when that extra bit of detail just might entice you.
DarkThrone is offline   Reply With Quote