Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 26, 2003, 3:28 PM   #1

Default Hi there...

I'm really new at digital photography, having just bought my first digital camera about a month ago. It's really, really exciting! I thought I'd just be buying a camera for point-and-shoot. Instead, I find myself learning more about photography than I ever thought I would!

Anyway, my camera is a Kodak 4530. I found only a few reviews of it on the web, but I couldn't resist the 5 MP for the price. I figured I could always return it if I didn't like it. Boy, DO I like it!!! I'm planning to write a mini-review of it here a little later, but in the meantime I'd love to hear your comments on some pictures I took with it the past month.

Shraga
Shraga18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 26, 2003, 4:18 PM   #2
Administrator

Shraga:

I'm using a broadband connection (cable modem, capable of download speeds of up to 1.554 mbits/second).

Yet, I didn't have the patience to view all of the photos (after about 5 minutes, I gave up trying to scroll down the page to see them all).

I can imagine that someone with a regular 56k modem would be there for an hour trying to see them.

You may want to do one (or more) of the following:

1. Put low resolution thumbnails on the main album page, so that load time is faster, then link these to the larger photos.

2. Get a faster Web Host.

3. Use a photo sharing site like Pbase.com, so that users can see photos at any desired viewing size.

I'm glad you're happy with your camera.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2003, 5:05 PM   #3

Whoops. I apologize about that. As I said, I'm new at this . Ok, I went with photoaccess.com, and loading seems to be fast. Enjoy!

Edit:

http://www.photoaccess.com/share/gue...1A028829&cb=PA

This is the correct link. Thanks, Jim!
Old Oct 26, 2003, 5:45 PM   #4

Hey Shraga ,

Welcome to the world of Digital Photography..exciting isn't it.

Nice (clear) pics. Are they worked over a bit or straight out of the camera?

I too enjoy taking scenery and flower pics. I started out out with a point and shoot myself which I've had a lot of fun with over the past 1.5 yrs. It's a Fuji 4800 (now discontinued I believe).
I'm ready to move up to something a little more advanced such as the S7000 or Nikon 5700 but budget restraints will hold off the purcahse til next year, unfortunately ! In the meantime I've got all winter to read reviews and learn etc..

Have fun
Jacques321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2003, 8:58 PM   #5
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shraga18
Whoops. I apologize about that. As I said, I'm new at this . Ok, I went with photoaccess.com, and loading seems to be fast. Enjoy!

http://www.photoaccess.com/share/gSl...ID=AF91A028829
No problem -- you did warn us in your original post that you were still playing with file sizes.

However, your photoaccess.com link won't work for us. It's based on a temporary session id.

I also use Photoaccess.com (as well as pbase.com). I like their unlimited free storage (and the fact that users can order digital size prints).

To give guests a link that they can use, you'll need to do this:

1. Login from the main page at http://www.photoaccess.com

2. Select the "Organize and Share" Tab

3. Select the desired album from the drop down list (you may only have one now, but may have more later)

4. Press the Share Button on the right hand side of the page

You will see where you can setup rights for the album (view, copy, print). Make sure guests can at least view the photos.

5. Copy the link shown for the "shared album link"

or optionally

Press the "send me a link" button, and it will send you the shared album link via e-mail.

This is the link that users will need for the album (shared album link).

If you have more than one album, you will also see a "shared gallery link" that you can copy.

BTW, when using the photostreamer software, you can tell it to automatically send you an e-mail with the shared album link in it, at the time it uploads your photos.

The link will look something like this one:

http://www.photoaccess.com/share/gue...E803868F&cb=PA
Old Oct 26, 2003, 9:03 PM   #6
Administrator

Shraga:

To save you the trouble of finding it, I was able to figure out the correct link to your album for guest use (by taking the album id from your original post, and putting into a standard link for guest album viewing):

This is it:

http://www.photoaccess.com/share/gue...1A028829&cb=PA

The link you provided won't work for guests (it was a temporary link for a logged in user with a session id associated with it).
Old Oct 27, 2003, 1:49 AM   #7

Thanks so much Jim. The friendly support is why people like me keep coming back to this site...
Old Oct 27, 2003, 1:52 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques321
Hey Shraga ,

Welcome to the world of Digital Photography..exciting isn't it.

Nice (clear) pics. Are they worked over a bit or straight out of the camera?
Thank you Jacques. It definitely is!

The pictures were straight out of the camera. I've been extremely pleased with their quality!