Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Oct 27, 2003, 4:11 PM   #1

Default Which to keep? Oly C2100UZ or Dimage 7Hi???

I need to sell one of these cameras - Olympus C2100UZ or my Minolta Dimage 7Hi. I'm selling because I'd like to get the new Digital Rebel. Any suggestions on which to put up on ebay??

My 2100 is a refurbished from Oly which I've had for about a year without any problems. I don't know what kind of money it would fetch being a refurb. My Minolta is relatively new, but the price has come down quite a bit since I bought it. I paid around $1000 including a 265MB card.

If you were me, which would you consider unloading - keeping in mind I'd like to replace one of them with the Digital Rebel.

Thanks for any input!
dakzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 27, 2003, 4:19 PM   #2

To be candid, you're the only one who can really answer that question...all depends on what you do wtih the cameras.

I admit as an Oly C-700 user I'd keep the 2100 because in adition to what my camera has it adds IS and focus assist.

Maybe once you get the dSLR you want to get rid of both cameras and get a pocket camera instead for those times you want to just carry something small that no one will notice.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2003, 4:59 PM   #3

If you need to sell one of the cameras to buy the DSLR camera then I would sell Minolta. The uzi will be camera you can sell at any time there is a large market for uzi.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2003, 6:25 PM   #4

Thanks for the input. I'm leaning in that direction as well as I actually sold the first C2100 that I had and missed it so much I bought a refurbished one to replace my original.

I'll see what I can get for the 7Hi - anyone interested? 256 MB card comes with it!
dakzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2003, 6:27 PM   #5

Default Sell the Minolta

And keep the UZI...I've had & sold both & wish I had kept the UZI. You can't beat it for features, images & usefullness.
Old Oct 27, 2003, 6:43 PM   #6
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakzoo
I'll see what I can get for the 7Hi - anyone interested? 256 MB card comes with it!
I'd sell it as soon as possible. It looks like the prices are dropping pretty fast now that the A1 is out -- and the A1 prices have been dropping some lately, too.

You can now buy a brand new 7hi from buydig.com (which I've found to be a reputable dealer) for $709.00 delivered.

http://www.bizrate.com/marketplace/s...word--7hi.html
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2003, 2:46 AM   #7

Keep the C-2100UZ! Having seen the review of it, I think it's one of those things that are just too good to part with.
DarkThrone is offline   Reply With Quote