Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

View Poll Results: which mirrorless format would you prefer?
FF 2 22.22%
APS-C 4 44.44%
4/3rds 1 11.11%
1/1.6" 2 22.22%
1/2.5" 0 0%
1/3" & smaller 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 23, 2009, 10:38 PM   #31

What does any of this have to do with "What camera should I buy?"

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2009, 2:52 PM   #32
Banned

"What does any of this have to do with "What camera should I buy?""

all of it, really.
touristguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2009, 7:31 PM   #33

"all of it, really."

Stop - you are not looking for advice on what camera to buy. You are not giving advice on what camera to buy. Since you joined Steve's, you have initiated two threads, both in this forum. The first, entitled 'APS-C vs FF 35mm', began with:

"Hello, I'm starting this thread (hopefully it's not too redundant) in response to the recent discussion that seems to be sweeping the Internet photography community like wildfire: is APS-C better, or worse, than fullfram 35mm?"

This thread was closed by a moderator.

The second thread, entitled, 'APS-C vs 4/3rds', began with (after a rant about the first thread):

"What's the argument for APS-C over 4/3rds? It seems that if you like APS-C, you ought to love 4/3rds. All of the advantages of subframes over fullframes go even more so for 4/3rds vs APS-C."

Neither of these threads is germane to the title and/or intent of this forum, which is, "What Camera Should I Buy?"

Therefore, the answer to my question is, "Nothing".

Thank you.
The Hun

Old Mar 24, 2009, 7:57 PM   #34
Banned

"Neither of these threads is germane to the title and/or intent of this forum, which is, "What Camera Should I Buy?""

I think that you are mistaking your opinion for fact, your statements for truth.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 8:15 PM   #35

Not my opinion - fact...and truth. Are you asking us to help you select a camera for purchase? If so, show me where you have asked. You cannot, because you did not...nor will you. Therefore, your threads are not germane.

Admit it - you came here to spew - just like you have done on numerous other forums...that is, until you get banned. Apparently, you are incapable of admitting you are wrong - you are. Seek another forum where your vast intellect will be appreciated. May I suggest mindlessdrivel.com?

the Hun

Old Mar 25, 2009, 8:42 AM   #36
Banned

Who are you and what planet did you come from?

"Not my opinion - fact...and truth. Are you asking us to help you select a camera for purchase? If so, show me where you have asked. You cannot, because you did not...nor will you. Therefore, your threads are not germane."

...I'm missing it...who assigned you to be the forum-judge?

As I said before, and I'll repeat once because it seems to take you twice as long to get it: this is your opinion. Not fact. Deal with it.

On that note:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/T1I/T1IA.HTM

5,000 words and he can't figure out when or how to say that the Rebel PDAF system sucks ass, and that if there is *one* good reason to not buy this camera, it's the AF system.

Still interesting that Canon suddenly realizes that people who buy their entry-level DSLRs also want ISO6400 and that clamping them to ISO1600 simply isn't a sustainable concept.

but the tell-tale is here:

"While the new HD movie mode is going to be the gee-whiz feature on the Canon T1i, the important feature for most photographers is the still image quality at 15.1 megapixels. According to our tests on a beta (prototype) Rebel T1i, its only rival even near this price point is the Canon EOS 50D."

...now, is this marketing-spam, or what?

Old Mar 25, 2009, 8:43 AM   #37
Banned

"Admit it - you came here to spew - just like you have done on numerous other forums...that is, until you get banned. Apparently, you are incapable of admitting you are wrong - you are. "

...likewise this *also* is your opinion, not to mention more than slightly hypocritical.

But let me just tell you straight-out: personally you're annoying me.
No further posts of this nature will be replied-to.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 12:04 PM   #38

************, I would appreciate it if you could tone it down a bit, instead of lashing out at anyone that tries to put in their $.02

rinniethehun has a point, this particular area of our forums was designed to help those who need some input/help with a digicam purchase. I can not see in your post where you have asked for such help.

If you want to debate, that is all well and fine, however the General Q&A area might be a better place for this. Also, we ask that you do so in a civilized manner, without any personal attacks towards other members or moderators.

Thanks for your help.

billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2009, 1:29 PM   #39
Banned

"rinniethehun has a point, this particular area of our forums was designed to help those who need some input/help with a digicam purchase. I can not see in your post where you have asked for such help."

...but that's exactly what I've done.
Provide very useful information, to those who need some input/help with a camera purchase.

That's what this is all about.

Frankly every discussion about photography & camera-gear helps in that regard, unless of course it's redundant or erroneous, which is the danger associated with any discussion about photography & gear.

On the other hand I could give advice like "buy a 5D".

Any newbie, anyone with a question on what gear to buy, can read this thread (not to mention my other thread) and get 99% of what they need to know to make an informed decision. Because I'm not analyzing specific cameras, rather the general photographic issues associated with one format vs another, which are relevant across all formats from cameraphones to medium-format gear. They all have these issues in common, but you have to choose *one* of them when you buy a camera.
Old Mar 25, 2009, 2:26 PM   #40

I agree that someone reading your posts could gain a good amount of information about the covered subjects, however the What Camera Should I Buy area is intended for users to post up Questions to be answered by our knowledgeable community members, like yourself.

If someone had asked a question about APS-C vs 4/3, then your input would be very helpful.

I feel This poll/thread serves better in the General Q&A area, where it will still generate a good amount of traffic from those wanting to hear everyone's opinions on each format.

Your input is greatly appreciated, however I just want to make sure everyone is expressing their opinion in a civil manner.

billy is offline   Reply With Quote