Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

View Poll Results: which mirrorless format would you prefer?
FF 2 22.22%
APS-C 4 44.44%
4/3rds 1 11.11%
1/1.6" 2 22.22%
1/2.5" 0 0%
1/3" & smaller 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 25, 2009, 11:20 PM   #51

Wow, one administrator and two moderators and this thread is still alive. At the risk of incurring your wrath, I think I can explain what this is all about. First, it is not a public forum, the freedom of speech rule does not apply. Most prople here are civil to one another (there's that pesky word). In my country, we have a saying "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". I think this partially defines civility as well. It's really not difficult to converse with someone, have a conflicting opinion, and not call them names. It's called self-control..

I'm rooting for you, I think you can do it...Robert
Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2009, 12:03 AM   #52

I had an opinion but I forgot what it was

What's this thread about again?
tjsnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2009, 5:51 AM   #53

tjsnaps wrote:
Quote:
I had an opinion but I forgot what it was

What's this thread about again?
I think it's about being civil.
TCav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2009, 11:14 AM   #54
Banned

"At the risk of incurring your wrath, I think I can explain what this is all about. First, it is not a public forum, the freedom of speech rule does not apply. Most prople here are civil to one another (there's that pesky word). In my country, we have a saying "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". I think this partially defines civility as well. It's really not difficult to converse with someone, have a conflicting opinion, and not call them names."

I think you've indirectly put your finger on the very issue.

But at least you're honest about it.

This is an issue of regulation, not the open & honest (and hopefully factual) exchange of ideas and information with regards to photography. And in the process of regulation they have come up with several abstract concepts. What you people do not get, really, is that all of this (just as you said above) is a matter of personal opinion.

It's about the desire to regulate something, first and foremost. Open & honest discussions about photography are a distant second, exactly how distant depends on how benevolent the mods feel at the moment. But the primary concern of many forum-mods and indeed forum-members (as recently demonstrated here) is regulation, not open, honest & factual discussions about photography.

And having said that, I will no longer entertain this deviation from the original topic of the thread. The goal of some here obviously is to start a fight so they can then blame the fight on the presence of others and then take responsibility for stopping the very-same fight that they started.
touristguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2009, 11:20 AM   #55
Super Moderator

No one has an issue with an abstract discussion on photography, the only issue that has been highlighted is civility and respect for people.It is possible todisagree without being rude and making personal attacks.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2009, 11:39 AM   #56

Enough is enough. This thread has become nothing but a bickering war.

Closed..
billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2009, 12:00 PM   #57
Administrator

************:

Frankly, you should have been banned a long time ago when you started making personal attacks in the first thread you started. We make judgement calls on what is and is not appropriate behavior here. Unlike some other sites, we want to provide a friendly environment for discussion about photography, and yes, we do expect members to be civil to each other.

From my perspective, you seem to be interested in inflaming others with your comments and personal attacks, resorting to Ad hominem arguments to stir up trouble. In other words, you're trolling.

I hope you've had your fun, because I'm putting a stop to it, right now. We're not going to allow someone to upset other members this way and you are no longer welcome here.

JimC
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2009, 12:12 PM   #58
Super Moderator

To all our members, normal service and enjoyment has been returned to Steve's.

:-):|
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote