Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Mar 29, 2009, 8:18 AM   #1

I guess this is the proper place to post this. If it isn't someone please send me a digital slap in the head and move it to the correct forum.

Normally I just stick with sports but I just got contracted for my first wedding and was hoping someone could point me in the direction of some top notch books/magazines/sites so I don't walk into this looking like an idiot. (I should say "a total idiot.")

Thanks.
PhotoCarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 29, 2009, 3:06 PM   #2

I'll skip the "run away, don't do it" posts. Let's start with: what gear do you have at your disposal? You need the right gear and to know how to use it. What body, what lenses and what flash guns do you have?
JohnG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2009, 9:51 PM   #3

There is quite a lot of information right here, if you take some time to search the forums - there is currently one going in the Tips and Tricks. Just type Wedding into the search box at the top of the page. Preparation is key. Work with the B&G beforehand to determine their expectations.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2009, 3:41 AM   #4

JohnG wrote:
Quote:
What body, what lenses and what flash guns do you have?
All Canon:
Bodies: 1Ds MkII, 20D
Lenses: 50mm f/1.4, 15mm f/2.8(Fisheye), 24-70mm f/2.8, 70-200mm f/2.8, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6, 2xII Extender
Flash: 580EXII, 420EX, Quantum TurboSC, PocketWizard PlusII (x2)

VTphotog wrote:
Quote:
There is quite a lot of information right here, if you take some time to search the forums - there is currently one going in the Tips and Tricks. Just type Wedding into the search box at the top of the page. Preparation is key. Work with the B&G beforehand to determine their expectations.
Thanks Brian. Yeah I was a little lazy. I scanned the forum section titles and didn't see anything specific to weddings. I'll check out the T&T section.
PhotoCarp is offline   Reply With Quote