Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Apr 15, 2009, 4:19 PM   #1

How to Crop in Olympus Master 2, ver. 2.11, I am using this software for the first time. I am editing a RAW image. All of the features seem to work with the exception of Crop. I use the "Select Area" and crop the image but there is no way to then save the cropped area. There is no save or ok tab. When I save with the save icon in the menu bar the cropping is not saved only the original image is saved. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
garys17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 16, 2009, 11:30 AM   #2
Administrator

I haven't use this software. But, you may need to save a raw image as a usable file type (i.e, jpeg or tiff) before you can do any cropping. Do you see a "Save As" choice anywhere? I'd try saving the raw file as a jpeg or tiff, then perform any needed edits like cropping.

You can't actually save a raw file and expect to be able to view and edit it (and even if you could, you should never overwrite your original files, only saving to a new filename instead). Instead, most products that do allow saving of edits when working on a raw file, are simply keeping track of your changes and reapplying them to the same original raw file the next time you open it again.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2009, 4:00 PM   #3

I have finally found the apply (save) button. It does not work the same as when cropping a jpeg file which takes affect as soon as the resizing is completed. With a raw image, the editing changes take affect after the image is saved and developed.
garys17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2009, 4:02 PM   #4
Administrator

Great (I'm glad you figured it out).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote