Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old May 8, 2009, 5:10 PM   #1

Default what storage site do you use?

right now i'm using smugmug, and have recommended it to a few people, but lately i've had some problems. i use firefox as a browser, i had posted up an event and had set pricing, watermarks, size, everything, i get a call from a prospective customer that said he couldn't believe how cheap my prices were, the setting didn't change and it was afew days later, so i went and had to redo all the settings. so i treid it in ie and it seemed to work ok. well i uploaded some of my kid's soccer team photos and the rotate option won't work its been a week or so, yes i did contact smugmug, no real help, it just kind of erks me that i pay $150 a year and the product doesn't work, i don't want anything extra or free!! i just kind of want it do what its supposed to do!

does anyone use another site that works? thanks, john
airbrushjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 8, 2009, 9:20 PM   #2
conor

Personally, I host everything myself. I understand that this isnt a suitable optioin for everyone, but it works for me. I have an old computer with a webserver on it, a domain name, and I have full control at all times over what the public sees. Granted, I don't have nice tools to rotate images online, but since I'm the one taking the pictures, I do all that work on my desktop...

Sorry, but I guess this isnt the answer you were hoping for
Old May 8, 2009, 10:08 PM   #3

I use Safari, not Firefox, but I've had no trouble with zenfolio (www.zenfolio.com). It's another subscription site like smugmug. I don't sell my pictures, so my cost is less and I don't know how that part of the site works. But otherwise, I've been very happy with it, thought its interface was easier to deal with than pbase.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2009, 12:32 PM   #4

I'll second the use of Zenfolio. It's $100 a year, and we've started using it for all of our orders (Prints are done through MPix), as well as proofing. You can setup custom items, and they do all the billing, customer service, etc. You get unlimited uploads, you can setup different pricing structures for different types of photography (Wedding versus sports), and a lot more. You can do watermarks on the fly, even a custom watermark, and their customer support is really, really nice. Very good support. Anyway, they offer a 14 dy trial period, so give it a shot.
HughesInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2009, 4:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughesInNC View Post
I'll second the use of Zenfolio. It's $100 a year, and we've started using it for all of our orders (Prints are done through MPix), as well as proofing. You can setup custom items, and they do all the billing, customer service, etc. You get unlimited uploads, you can setup different pricing structures for different types of photography (Wedding versus sports), and a lot more. You can do watermarks on the fly, even a custom watermark, and their customer support is really, really nice. Very good support. Anyway, they offer a 14 dy trial period, so give it a shot.
cool i'll check them out! thank you! john
airbrushjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2009, 12:46 PM   #6

Hi John

Have you sent an email to support at Smug mug and I;d aslo I;d post a question over at dgrin.com - if theres a problem with smugmug then those guys will know and if they dont they will usually find a fix pretty quickly.

Cheers

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote