Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 1, 2003, 4:59 PM   #1

Default Background question....

I know that this isnt strictly a camera question but it does relate to software...

i have windows XP pro
does anyone know how to setup the desktop background win xp pro with images that you've taken with a digital camera, and get them to rotate automatically?

this owuld be really handy. at present i have to chnage them manaually when i want a new one. if i could just choose a folder or a group of images that would make my life so much easier...

active desktop?

thanks
chris
chris_reddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 1, 2003, 6:14 PM   #2

just download webshots and you can download images of their website or you can you use your own images i use it and i love it and the best part is that it is free :lol:
you can get it at www.webshots.com
once you get it and you open the software you just drap and drop your pics, and you can set it up to rotate images whenever you want
let me know if this it what you ment
thanks
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2003, 1:48 PM   #3

hi,

i know how to make a scrrensvar like webshots. but i want the actual background on windows when im using the compouter to change

any ideas?
chris_reddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2003, 2:32 PM   #4

webshots allows you to do this!
if you click on the icon on your deck top that says "webshots destop!" and you click colection>make new and you name your folder you make it so that only that folder is checked then you open that folder you can drap and drop pictures in the space at the right
once you get all the pics you want you can click on on to make it your background
now you go to settings and in the wallpaper tab you will see at the very bottom something that says "automaticly cycle wallpaper every: and you can pic from: none 15 min 30 min. hour 4 hours day or week

if you need more info i will give you a screen shot
i hope this helps
bradg is offline   Reply With Quote