Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > General Discussion

Old Nov 2, 2003, 7:53 PM   #1

Default photo editing

please recommend photo editing soft ware that doesn't take a PHD
in Physics to figure out and use

I down loaded Adobe photo shop for a 30 day trial and as of yet haven't been able to use it. The tutorial will not down load and they do not list a 800 number. They indicate to talk to some one it costs money, fine, but can't with out a number

Minolta Dimage viewer that came with the camera not any better.

I down loaded it on an I Mac but on the PC not any better

Just want to do a little color correction and sharpening up, forget the histograms and layering
derfberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 2, 2003, 8:21 PM   #2

Try Photoshop Elements, slightly easier to use (it uses "recipies" to do some things automatcially)...it's also cheaper than Photoshop.

You may want to also look at Paintshop Pro (although I haven't personally tried it).

I suggest you go to your local electronics or office store and check out the programs in the software section...there's many easier (and more basic) programs in the graphics section that I can't think of.
Mike_PEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2003, 8:35 PM   #3

irfanview is free and fairly easy to use. My camera came with photoshop elements 2.0, which I eventually switched over to using. But I found irfanview fairly easy to use and did many of the things that I wanted early on.

http://www.irfanview.com/

(For some reason the web page didn't load the first time, but did when I reloaded. Don't know why.)

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2003, 9:10 PM   #4

I use Ulead Photoimpact 7. Purchased on Ebay for 20 dollars. It has many auto features as well as more detailed editing. I also use Photoshop but find Ulead to be much easier. It will take some effort to do editing to your pics.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2003, 4:33 AM   #5

Going to try out some different software myself (I have photoshop 6 at the moment).
Bigwigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2003, 6:35 AM   #6

Here's a great site I found that reminded me of an easy (very basic) photo editing program that I used to use, Adobe Photo Deluxe, but there's some others there and they list the difficulty level of the software:

http://www.digicamhelp.com/working-w...g-software.htm

"EASY IMAGE EDITING SOFTWARE
Adobe Photo Deluxe
Microsoft PictureIt
Ulead Photo Express

INTERMEDIATE IMAGE EDITING SOFTWARE
Adobe Photoshop Elements
Microsoft PhotoDraw"
Old Nov 4, 2003, 12:00 PM   #7
lg

CompuPic is what I use. It's quick and easy to use.
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2003, 1:09 PM   #8

PhotoImpact is quite easy and has some neat features like the advanced white balance tool which you can use on eyeballs!

ACDSee is an excellent Album organiser, but also comes with a really simple editor for quick fixes and is not a heavy weight PC memory/speed user - great on slow laptops or older PC's. VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2003, 9:16 PM   #9

Default Re: photo editing

The original poster brought this point to my attention via PM (Private Message):

Quote:
Originally Posted by derfberger
I down loaded it on an I Mac but on the PC not any better
If you have something to add to a thread, please do it via the thread itself...don't use PM or email, because you might add something to the conversation and help someone else out. Of course in this case it would prevent people from wasting their time posting answers that aren't wanted due to a misunderstanding.

Something I've learned from 20 years of online experience.

PM/Email replies should be saved for private or confidential information that you don't want spread to everyone else.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 9:28 PM   #10

I use ACDSee for organizing, and batch re-sampling photos for online use, and even for creating thumbnails!

Thanks to the forum, I got to know of a program called PictureShark, and am now using it to put borders, copyright info, or anything gimmicky to my photos.

Still, I am a Photoshop user by heart.
DarkThrone is offline   Reply With Quote